• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock 21/41 gear and chain set to sell?

KnappAttack

24X ISR World Drag Racing Champion
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder LTX-LE
2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
Have a Cat buddy looking to gear up his Cat that only has 24/50 in it now.

He's looking for a stock set of Winder takeoff 21/41 gears and chain kicking around. PM me please if you have something to swap for his 24/50 or want to sell your set. Thanks!

Why not just go bottom 42 gear?

Mike if you don't find what you're looking for I have a 45 tooth bottom sprocket (Venom Products) that would work with a 90 link chain, have converted a couple of Thundercats that way.

Tcat is a 96p chain, can you run a 44/46 tooth lower with it? Probably would load the turbo like no other.

Tcat is a 92 pitch chain, no you need a 90 pitch chain on the smaller bottom gear.

Is 50 the smallest I can go? I don't have charts in front of me.

24/50 shows as 92 pitch chain.
The only other 92 pitch ratio in Cat manual is 23/51.

Yamaha shows a 49tooth lower gear on the alterate parts! I always wonder if it would make much difference? I'm assuming it uses the 92 pitch chain still? I'm running 24/50 now and love it

Keep in mind you don’t want a huge dog leg

IMO you won't notice any difference, and you'll have a steeper dog-leg.
24/50 = 2.08 ratio
24/49 = 2.04 ratio

24/49 would be a substantial dog leg

24/49 you would have to use a 92 pitch chain as a 90 would not not fit, but the 92 would probably max out your tensioner.

Last edited:

Back