• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stretched 08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary re-build

I got the sub frame back from the power coaters and I am working on installing all of the parts and components to it. The good news is the powder coating is think, the bad news is the powder coating is thick. I am struggling getting the A-arms and steering pivot mounted to the sub frame with the thick powder coating.

So I took a break from that and mounted a shovel on the rear of the tunnel and stating to think about adding an aluminum heat shield to protect the tunnel bag.
G.B.
shovel.jpg Shovel 2.jpg Shovel 3.jpg HS.jpg HS 2.jpg HS 3.jpg HS 4.jpg

That is the downside to PC. I have done multiple sleds and usually end up sanding the paint off the a-arm and steering tabs/brackets so the suspension & steering do not bind. If you take your time sanding the PC will hold up just fine around the sanded area. If you try to beat the a-arms in to place you run the risk of chipping the PC which you don’t want.

That is the downside to PC. I have done multiple sleds and usually end up sanding the paint off the a-arm and steering tabs/brackets so the suspension & steering do not bind. If you take your time sanding the PC will hold up just fine around the sanded area. If you try to beat the a-arms in to place you run the risk of chipping the PC which you don’t want.
Yeah I used the gorilla method and tried to beat the steering pivot and lower A-arms into place. The steering pivot is really stiff and I am trying to decide if I need to take it a part and sand down the PC or leave it alone and hope it will wear down pretty quickly? I got one of the lower A-arms in place without to much trouble beating it into place but the other side is a no go so far. I tried to get a Dremel tool with a sanding wheel in there but that didn't work. I think I need to make a small sanding block to get into the A-arm pivot saddles. And yes, I already chipped some PC off the edge of one of the bushings brackets. Damn G.B.

I always had to take a dremel with sanding roll on it with about 80 grit to get the PC off. I also masked around the area with blue tape to prevent edge chipping or getting carried away with the sander. good luck!

I always had to take a dremel with sanding roll on it with about 80 grit to get the PC off. I also masked around the area with blue tape to prevent edge chipping or getting carried away with the sander. good luck!
Thanks for the tip Kinger! G.B.

Back