• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stud boy deuces and SC10-III skid help

WildBill67

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Apex
I have a 2007 Apex and the guy I bought it from installed an SC10-III skid. I just replaced the ski carbides with 6" stud boy deuces and now I want to install Mack Studs in the track...does anyone have any suggestions for how many studs and is there a specific pattern you recommend?

I would steer clear of studding the track's outer belt and just stud down the center. As far as patterns go, opinions will vary but if you are still using the Camso Ripsaw track, I use following Stud Boy template with a combination of single and double backers; also used their Pro Series backers but any backer would suffice. The reason I like this particular pattern on the Ripsaw and Ripsaw II tracks is that the natural voids where there aren't any lugs, this pattern uses double backers for those areas.

Here's the template:
2.JPG

Here's a studded Ripsaw I track:
1.JPG

And a studded Ripsaw II track:
Track.JPG

It would depend on the length and pitch of the track as I use that pattern on both my 136 Apex LTX and 146 Apex XTX. I know some say you shouldn't use a stud template pattern that can't be completed (ie. when using the template I had posted, for the last section of track, there is only enough panels to do 1-6 one time and not complete the second cycle of 1-6) but since a track is not a tire, I don't worry too much about tracking being out of alignment per-se. With that said, on the 136" 2.52 pitch track, that template worked out to be 162 studs and on the 146" 2.86 pitch track, it worked out to be 154 studs.

Back