• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stud through cooler

jaydaniels

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder RTX
Well I put a stud through my cooler. The front cooler by drive axle. Is that a changeable part?

Yes it's replaceable. Much easier to pull track and have a good weld shop tig weld it. Will save you a ton of labor!

What Travis said. I did this last year. Pulled the rear suspension and track. Threw it in the trailer and took it to a local welder since I got rid of my AC tig machine a few years ago. 20 minutes later back in the trailer and off I went. Only charged me 60 bucks.

Ok maybe I’ll try that. Mine has a pretty large hole in it. Wonder if that matters? It’s about 1/4” wide and 2” long.

If it is really big I would consider replacing the cooler
The reason would be for when you sell it. People may shy away if they see that???
Maybe not a concern
Just throwing that out there

If it is really big I would consider replacing the cooler
The reason would be for when you sell it. People may shy away if they see that???
Maybe not a concern
Just throwing that out there
That’s a good point. Ill decide once I get a price on having it welded.

So, I decided to try the welding. Much cheaper and a lot less labour intensive. I hope to put the sled together this weekend. Hopefully I have no leaks. I’ll keep you posted. I also needed a new track and decided to go with the Storm 150.

Here’s a pic of my cooler.

Attachments

• 2617030D-7AF3-49A3-B0B6-307740AFB983.jpeg
    2617030D-7AF3-49A3-B0B6-307740AFB983.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 180
Ouch that sucks I ran a 1.6 track didn’t like it great in deep snow but not a good track for groomed hard trails spun to much and lost a lot of top end !!!Im now running a 1.22 ice track a lot more traction!! Just my two sense!! Good luck !!

Weld it.

Exactly why I don't use long studs or tall nuts. I'd rather the stud bend than rip out if you catch something.
Also the reason I prefer double backers, exactly twice the holding power and ability to stay in the track.

Back