• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding 96 or 144

dzglaser21

Veteran
Just need to know which way to set it up. I have heard with 144 it the back end runs to tight and with 96 i will rip them out. I will be doing it tomorrow so any quick input would be greatly appreciated

For regular trail riding I would go with 96 first. Try it and see if you like it. If you need more then you can add to the patern another 48 to get your 144.

You can go with 96 (probably not enough) and then go to 144 if needed...However, IMO I would NOT recommend studding the outside. I've ruined a few tracks that way. Too much stress on the small strip of track on the outside, especially if you're riding the least bit aggressively or sliding through icy corners.

On a short track, I'd do 144 - including outer belts.

If you are looking for safety when those icy conditions sneak up on you and you aren't the type that constantly mashes the throttle from a dead stop then 96 is fine.

BUT if you are looking at studs for better traction & holeshot first and safety second then 144 is the better choice.

NY_Warrior said:
If you are looking for safety when those icy conditions sneak up on you and you aren't the type that constantly mashes the throttle from a dead stop then 96 is fine.

BUT if you are looking at studs for better traction & holeshot first and safety second then 144 is the better choice.

Ditto....had 96 on my 2003 RX1 and pulled 96 out of my 2005 which came with 192.

96 works great....just enough traction for safety and hookup but still not enough to prevent you from sliding it around a corner if you want to.... ;)!

Back