• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding ripsaw

Found a new ripsaw track at a local swap meet for my 03 RX-1. I want to stud 144 - 1.40 in. down the middle. there shouldn't be any clearence issues right ? , looks like there's plenty of room ? :flag:

The 1.40's are a bit long I think they reccomend 1.325's but I have a 1.25" shotgun with 1.325's on the drive shaft and waiting on my bender RA suspension upgrade. no there hsould not be a clearance issue as lon as your stud pattern doesn't hit the tunnel protectors. You want the rubber nubs to make contact with them.

144 down the Middle

What major disadvantage is fully studding the track vs "down the middle?

Re: 144 down the Middle

meklke said:

Worst case scenario, you'll puncture the heat exchangers.

Re: 144 down the Middle

meklke said:

It also makes the sled harder to turn.

Had a fellow RX1 rip an outside stud last year, took out the heat exchanger. Fortunately we picked it up at a rest stop, and not out on the Chibougamau trail where he was headed next.

Still marred the ride for the rest of us. IMHO, studs and LD remote trail riding aren't that good an idea, especially where they can rip out of the track.

144 studs

For what it is worth, Hauck Power Sports in Rice Lake WI recommended 144 studs with 96 down the middle and the rest on the outside (every other side).

Back