• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer build

Heres a quick peek at my chosen color, like caleb said, they are gonna be sick, these pics dont do these sleds justice! :Rockon: And thanks for hooking up the footwells bro.

sledproject09017.jpg

Awsome projects! I am totally impressed with the craftman ship on the tunnel Nikolai!!!!!!!!!

Is the Impulse turbo system beeing upgraded with the new standalone fuel management Hyflyr?

Keep us posted

TT, yep im getting the new fuel system, bigger injectors, thicker headshim, etc, etc. Should be a fast clean running ride next year, and the tunnel is going to be bullet proof, lol.

Keep them pics comning - both on the tunnel project and Impulse upgrade!

Nikolais tunnel is one I would have loved to see in real not just in pics - it is has a strong design and looks VERY nice. There is no way that pics does the tunnel justice ;)! ;)! ;)!

Plated the seat brackets with .080. Shouldn't have anymore bending issues now. They'll also be getting powder coated.

seatbracket.jpg

LOL, i love it! Everyone try's to lose weight and make them lite as possible and we are adding weight everywhere we possible can!!!!!

Seat brackets are done.
SB.jpg

making sure they fit in the slot still
SB2.jpg

Did a few more small changes to the tunnel and touched everything up with paint again to make absolutely sure I'm ready for PC. Can't find anything to nitpick about so I guess I'm good to go :Rockon:
T1.jpg

All I need are my rails and I can get everything powder coated. Hopefully within the next two weeks.

Looks good there guy. LOL I know what you mean everybody taking wieght away and your adding. I take wieght away if it can handle it, and I also add wieght to beff things up. When your S/C or T/C charged wieght really isn't a factor. Look forward to more pics.

It's not a very simple answer, lol.

The tunnel pieces from Greer are $150-200 and I'd have to draw them up. The cat extrusion runs about $60 for both sides, the cat sno pro braces are around $100 for both. Also depends on if your running the stock rear suspension brackets or Kmod, CR, ect which usually run about $75-100. The Phazer bumper is extremely time consuming to do also and unless you find a used one they're around $300 new. A ski-doo summit bumper would work well. Powder coating is around $150.

Materials and PC only your looking at about $650. If I'm removing and installing the tunnel I would say $1,150 total. They are very time consuming to build. Have to remove the tunnel, cut off the old boards, fit everything(extrusion, braces, drop brackets, bumper), draw up the new boards and have them cut and bent. Remove and modify the tunnel extension, rivet everything, powder coat and finally re-install.

Just got my boards fron greer and have everything else to go. I will get a parts breakdown and list of all the things needed along with prices for people that are interetsed. Looks like me and nikolai and I have a long weekend ahead of us getting my tunnel done. WIll post pics as we go!

Made good progress the first night. Running boards, braces, and susp. brackets fitted.
tunnel-2.jpg

Drew working on the very time consuming Phazer bumper, lol.
bumper-1.jpg

More pics to come.

I havent made any comments so far, but i´ve been watchin since page 1-cant wait for the thred to continue!
Well done, looks awesome!!

Insurance inspector says the part of your head the glasses are on is well protected durring that grinding session.

good build, love to see a real build, not just people bolting off the shelf stuff on the sled, Inovate and Create make the best builds, not buy and bolt

Worked all day today. Pretty sure Drew knows just how time consuming it really is, lol. Got a lot done though.

The left side cleaned up and holes flared. Drew's running boards are a little narrower than mine (7.25 vs. 7.75) so the hole layout was a little more difficult.
side-3.jpg

All the pieces cleaned up and ready to go back together.
pieces.jpg

Riveted and screwed
riveted.jpg

Tunnel extension modified to follow the profile of the Phazer bumper.
ext.jpg

Used my bumper for mock up. Should look great when it's all done and powder coated.
extbumper.jpg

more tomorrow...

Back