• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer build

Good weekend for sure, who cares that it was 75 and sunny. Got a ton done like caleb said, went alittle faster than i thought it would for sure. That darn bumper s time consuming and im still not done with it, lol, oh well. ANyway, the tunnel is coming along nicely after all the 200+ holes were drilled to accept our braces and footwells, and drop brackets, and stock braces, etc etc! Had to let the drills cool down for awhile. Also got the tunnel extension cut out to follow the line of the phazer bumper and not hang up in the snow, looks very good as you can see from calebs pics. Time to get to sleep and hit it again in a day or so. Heres a few pics.

Starting to align everything and held together
sledproject09005.jpg

Caleb drilling some holes for the flares in the boards
sledproject09009.jpg

Thats alot of holes, and thats not all of them
sledproject09015.jpg

Countersunk screws and nuts for traction, time consuming but so worth it.
sledproject09021.jpg

Caleb starting to rivet the pieces together
sledproject09019-1.jpg

Block off plate in place
plate.jpg

Riveted the susp. brackets on. The part I'm holding with the "N" will be powder coated black and riveted on after PC.
CRbracket.jpg

Drew working on the very time consuming Phazer bumper, lol.
bumper-1.jpg

Those safety glasses are doing you zero good on your head crack pipe :o| . Its looking sick fella's. You better be buying Caleb some beer after this project is done, LOL :Rockon:

Really nice work guys!!!!!!!!! How thick are the new aluminium sides/running boards?

Well, finished up the tunnel other than some welding on the bumper and extrusions(SP). LOOKS BEEFY! It took awhile but it is so worth it, now its time to catch up onn some sleep.

Also got the brake resevoir chopped up and smooth down so its a clean simple piece now, no more clutter on the bars for this guy. Time to drill the rails for the Timbersled skid and i should almost be ready for powdercoat. Oh, tear apart the timbersled skid so it can be coated as well along with the rails. Im sure i'll think of something else that will need to be done. Thanks again to caleb for putting in the time on this tunnel, i cant wait to ride it.

Finished Drews stuff 100%. Got everything welded and fitted one last time before tearing it all down.
tunnel-3.jpg

I always hated how yamaha used little 2 little bolts on each side to hold the lower plastic on. I drilled out the nut on the subframe and put in a 1/4-20 steel rivnut...
rivnut-1.jpg

And on the bulkhead I drilled out the hole and put 1/4-20 helicoil in each side. Now I can really tighten the plastic down.
helicoil.jpg

If you guys have anyone looking for a good deal on an 08 Nytro MTX...I blew my ACl and will be out for the winter. Undertunnel Exhaust skidoo caddy that tucks under the rear seat handle bar risers and a few other bells n whistles.

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope you have a quick recovery. If I come across anyone looking for a Nytro I'll have them call you. Speaking of which, I just looked through my phone and realized I don't have your cell number anymore, that might be helpful, lol.

good stuff, guys! love seeing the summer changes for the upcomming season's rides from everyone.

i am in the process of accumulating parts for my updates. i'll either fill in here, or start my own thread.

i have a vector header, yoshimura rs-5 can, and custom length mid pipe set up comming together for a new under tunnel exhaust system for mine.

also recieved my new fox float X front shocks from the se fx nytro yesterday.

i have been speaking with seth at cclc and i am getting the new upgraded clear trail tank for mine. they have some of the best customer service i have ever been around in ANY industry.

gonna add track clips to the powerclaw so every pitch is clipped.

thinking about a few suspension changes including deciding if i am going to widen the front with aftermarket, or stock front end parts. might upgrade the rear skid further.

the wife's sled will get a new seat or cover and maybe under tunnel exhaust, and avid drivers and anti stab kit.

then they'll both just need clean up and polish for the up comming riding season.

my home base for riding may be moving from central lower michigan to the duluth minnesota area as well. more on all this later.

keep up the good work guys!

ski

What was new or updated from CCLC for your new tank, or are you refering to the general updates from the first batch of tanks? I just bought two black tanks on Wednesday and was told that I was getting the latest and greatest, just curious.

mine was a first gen tank. and i am fitting it to an mtx. the first runs didnt quite fit right, due to the
in-tunnel cooler hoses contacting the tank in a small area. seth offered to upgrade anyone who wanted the newer version, i figured i will be having the tank off to replace exhaust doughnuts, and the under tunnel exhaust mod, might as well swap out the tank. ski

Back