• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

supercharger on apex

power valve

Extreme
can anyone tell me what the outcome would be. i'm thinking of putting a stage 1 supercharger on my attak. anyone getting beat by a mach z in 3000ft with an attak with stage 1 supercharger. what kind of speeds can i exspect with stage 1 on hard packed snow compared to stock.

Have a friend with a stage 1 on an apex ran 127-128 mph on ice at 2000 ft, pretty sure he was at 10lbs of boost. my RX1 is running the same exact top end with a stage 1 at 10lbs. I think thats all we will get for top end with out gear changes. we both have stock gearing.
As for the mach z , if it is stock he should not even be in the ball park. that what we saw this winter with the limited amount of winter we had. Hope this answers some of your questions.

I ran a SC on my apex 2 season ago its no turbo by any means comparing the 2 side by side I WALK the SC like its down a cylinder!

However if your frined is riding a stock or even modded mach for that matter in a 2000' race unless he is on the juice and it pretty well has to be big thunder nitrous then he doesn't stand a chance.

Stage I SC at 7psi will walk 90% of what is out there.

I run a super on my attak @ 10lbs. My son has an 05 Z with Bikeman big bore and a 60 shot nitrous (boondocker). Both sleds dynoed @240 hp.
Without the nos I pull him at least six sleds in 1000ft. On the juice we are about even. ;)!

perfect that is what i wanted to hear. what i'm looking for is a trail sled that i can put on 3000miles a year trouble free. that can beat anything stock or slightly modified. i'm not looking to set any land speed record but when a buddy with a ported twin piped pulls up beside me on the groom trail he is not going by at ten mile/hour faster.

I recommend a blow off valve at 10 lbs. boost. Riding on the trail i was not using all the boost at lower rpms, and was putting pressure back onto the blower. MPI said i did not need one, but alot of guys seem to be adding them other than myself.

I run a turbo sx blow valve on mine,Found out I am needing a bigger valve(going to a vortech). Definatly want to run a bov for trail riding. ;)!

Vortech valve on the SC = better fuel mileage as well. I ran mine at 7 psi all winter or 1:1 pulleys and pump fuel. I acutally spun mine closer to 11,000 so I was probably 8.5 ish on boost. My sled FLEW and when we pulled the head to take a look this fall when doing the shim for my turbo kit the motor looked like it hadn't spun a mile. The thing was absolutely perfect inside. The cross hatch in the walls looked like it had just been done, the pistons looked like brand new we were all awestruck.

I would love to see all these fast turbos and SC's. On the tar the ones I have seen all had problems trying to make them work and that is in race form. Never seen one show up on the lake other than a Bender turbo RX1 and I had no problem win a race up to 2000 feet on snow with my Mach. Am I saying this is the entire case no but guys like TurboJamie spew about how fast he is but never shows up or goes anywhere to prove it and then likes to talk about having no problems until you do enough research. I am not saying this is the case with all of them but for someone who is loking and I have been looking I hate to be mislead.

ptm

puddytatman please fill out your profile location.All members are required to do so.Thank You

puddytatman said:
I would love to see all these fast turbos and SC's. On the tar the ones I have seen all had problems trying to make them work and that is in race form. Never seen one show up on the lake other than a Bender turbo RX1 and I had no problem win a race up to 2000 feet on snow with my Mach. Am I saying this is the entire case no but guys like TurboJamie spew about how fast he is but never shows up or goes anywhere to prove it and then likes to talk about having no problems until you do enough research. I am not saying this is the case with all of them but for someone who is loking and I have been looking I hate to be mislead.

ptm

PTM is a Mach Z guy hell bent for making boosted sleds out to be slower then they are. He also posts here under the name Spike. I guess gys like Jeff Simoms, Ted Jannetty,Jim Manning to name a few of the sites guys are all liers. Maybe you ought to question them before making statments about "all these fast turbo and sc sleds"

And he is confused for the original poster I had absolutely no troubles at all with my supercharger EVER peroid. The turbo I am running now had issues I worked around.

TurboJamie said:
puddytatman said:

ptm

PTM is a Mach Z guy hell bent for making boosted sleds out to be slower then they are. He also posts here under the name Spike. I guess gys like Jeff Simoms, Ted Jannetty,Jim Manning to name a few of the sites guys are all liers. Maybe you ought to question them before making statments about "all these fast turbo and sc sleds"

And he is confused for the original poster I had absolutely no troubles at all with my supercharger EVER peroid. The turbo I am running now had issues I worked around.

First off as Jamie likes do under his many alias over the many forums out there he likes to make accusations without merit. I post on all sites and am known as puddytatman. I do however go by Spike on DooTalk and if I could and find out how that would change.

While I have a Mach Z twin I am not loyal to that or for that matter any sled especially since I have a Firecat with a Engine Tech billet F9 in it I have run for the past 2 years on the tar at most events. I want what I pay for and expect what is advertised. I purhcased a Mach Z when I had enough of the Firecat big bore which at that time did not have a Boondockers fuel managment system we have today. The mach was what I thought was the trail sled I was looking for and while it has been good to me I am looking at other alternatives as I have for the past few years. I have a genuine interest in the 4 stroke and turbo or SC but from everything I have seen for flatlanders it never is as written on these forums.

Jamie seems to have a problem with me asking questions and wanting to see it. I have challenged him on several occassions to bring his sled out on the lake where we both live near by and all I hear is the talk and yap hiding behind a keyboard. If his sled is as he claims it would make me a believer in something I am not convinced of yet. This is not from my speculation but what I have seen read and been told.

Does he have to do this, no way, but then he should keep his comments to himself as if provoked I will reply. My interests as I said are genuine and I just like to see for myself it perform as advertised and to have what is advertised in terms of components needed to live 2000-3000 a season trial riding, lake racing and whatever else comes along.

ptm

Hi Puddytatman,

I have seen jamies sled when it had the mpi setup run 130 mph.

As for yourself we do not need trolls such as your self on this site. Please refrain from trolling. It sounds like you two need to run each other. Others will vouch for the speeds of turbo/super setups.

Back