• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

supercharger on apex

mark said:
Hi Puddytatman,

I have seen jamies sled when it had the mpi setup run 130 mph.

As for yourself we do not need trolls such as your self on this site. Please refrain from trolling. It sounds like you two need to run each other. Others will vouch for the speeds of turbo/super setups.

That is just great. What are you his brother??? I have been to many events on ice tar and grass and I fully realize how fast a properly set up turbo or SC can be. That is not the point I am making nor what most ask. For the benefit of the challenged individuals my point has always been what many flatlanders look into and what they want to really know and that is when set up to do thousands of miles a year in various types of flatland riding what do they get at the end of the day. IS it reliable to run this type of riding for an entire season and what HP do you really get when you are doing this type of riding. What other things must one buy to be set up with any kit as I have never seen one that comes with everything that ONE SHOULD have.

All I can say when questions like this are asked and comments such as you and your brother make come back it is as if there is something to hide. I have been looking into this for the past few years and yes they are getting closer and closer but are they there yet for the flatlander who wants to rip up the trails on and off hold her up the lake and do thousands of miles a year.

As for the time has come to race well it takes to and he has never shown. I could care less if my Mach wins as all I want to see is what a true trail set up SC or turbo will run like compared. Obviously it will have to wait but I am sure my little 900 on the tar will be waiting anxiously for the big race. Otherwises lets just bury this other crap.

ptm

I don't think you would be disappointed with a turbo setup at all. I think I saw your mach up for sale over on HCS does that mean you're coming to the yamaha camp this upcoming winter or??

I have a sc apex with 1000 miles of no hassle ridding. Its fast smooth and is the most fun I ever had on a trail sled. Everyone has ideas about boosted sleds. Learn the facts from people that has hand on. Lots of rummers. All of my findings are good. Keep it real.

BlueByYou2000 said:
Stan, lay off the call outs. Take it up using the PM feature. You dont believe him, so be it. Dont bring that crap on here!!!

I really fail to see the call out. With all due respect it seems if I question something I have been lead to believe about a turbo or a sc and he has a problem with it he gets personal. I am genuinely asking about a turbo or sc for the flatlander and want to see one in action instead of just the talk on here. I go to a lot of events and ask a lot of questions of any I see. It is a huge investment and I want to be sure as I am sure anyoen who buys one does. I am not trying to be difficult just trying to get the information this site is suppose to give. If it is construed as crap or a problem I guess I will never get a fair and honest answer or information. Sorry if I have offended anyone for asking these questions.

ptm

puddytatman said:
. I am not trying to be difficult just trying to get the information this site is suppose to give. If it is construed as crap or a problem I guess I will never get a fair and honest answer or information. Sorry if I have offended anyone for asking these questions.
ptm

Getting info is one thing, getting into a pissing contest is another. WE DON'T NEED or WANT that here on TY. Use the PM feature as MY BROTHER BBY suggested or be prepared to be BOUNTYSIZED.

Now Play Nice

For the orignial poster I apologize for the messages posted above. We have an even every year in Canada which I could unfortunately not make it to this winter. The event is called the NBSSR and is a guinness sanctioned event which is a real race. There were many turbo and super chargers there which were running the speeds alot of us are claiming and it was announced for the world to see. I myself never ever experienced any problems what so ever with an MPI supercharger at all best aftermaket bolt on out there IMO. I had teething issues with my turbo but in the end what is to be expected trying to run a kit at sea level at high speed which it was not designed to do. In the end some things needed to be changed to make it work properly and they were sorted out.
I have taken the liberty of taking pictures of the inside of my engine tonight and I will post what 4000 miles of boost in an apex motor looks like on a set of pistons tomorrow at work since I do not have my cable for my camera here. Since it will also probably be questioned I have my engine aprat to remove the .062" head shim which was in it to install 3 stock head gaskets to bring the compression up. This has nothing to do with anything other then I want to run more compression next season now that I see I can safely run 12 psi with my setup and I want to squeeze more power from the kit.

Look for pics tomorrow from me on the condition of the insde of my engine. Both at 1:1 pulleys with the supercharger and now a second season at 12 psi on the turbo. Same sled from day one same components etc.

Inside my motor

dsc00872ie2.jpg

dsc00874dy0.jpg

There is no disputing how a properly race turbo or sc will run that is not the question. I have maybe the only copy of the Simon CPR 7.9 pass from Martin that I witnessed and it was absolutley amazing. All sleds running at NBSSR were running carpet tracks and full race form so hardly a comparison for the flatlander looking for what he will get. Perhaps next year you will have yours at this event so we can see how it will run on pump fuel in trail flantlander form.

I was just wonderring from the pictures you posted if the what appears to be pitting on the piston tops is carbon build up???

ptm

Its just Carbon Kevin there was a build up on #1 and #4 before I pulled it down it was at 6% leak down and 150 lbs across the board.

puddytatman said:
There is no disputing how a properly race turbo or sc will run that is not the question. I have maybe the only copy of the Simon CPR 7.9 pass from Martin that I witnessed and it was absolutley amazing. All sleds running at NBSSR were running carpet tracks and full race form so hardly a comparison for the flatlander looking for what he will get. Perhaps next year you will have yours at this event so we can see how it will run on pump fuel in trail flantlander form.

I was just wonderring from the pictures you posted if the what appears to be pitting on the piston tops is carbon build up???

ptm

http://media.putfile.com/Bender-RX1-rear-mount-turbo-1502mph

Sled has stock suspension and running a 15" x 121" 9811 speed track. And my 240lb brother in law was driving it.

DC5 said:
puddytatman said:

ptm

http://media.putfile.com/Bender-RX1-rear-mount-turbo-1502mph

Sled has stock suspension and running a 15" x 121" 9811 speed track. And my 240lb brother in law was driving it.

Very good run and I stand corrected on the carpet track. Now I have to ask how many trail miles on that sled trail riden and what it would run in trail form pump gas and stock track?? Not trying to be difficult but your not comparing apples to apples here kinda like saying Leskovar Jr Mach Z 800 that ran 140 in 2000 feet is what all other trail 800 Mach Z will do. Race is race but it is surely nice to see when putting on a speed track, the right studs, race fuel and pumping up the boost what one will run.

ptm

Back