• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Swap out gas for new season?

grossman

Pro
Basic question.

I stored the sled back in June with a full tank of fresh gas and the proper ratio of Stabil for it. Going to be getting it back together and starting it up for first time in about a month. So that's about 5-6 months of storage. Should the Stabil have kept the gas good? Or should I maybe drain it out and throw it in my truck and add new gas to the sled?

First sled i've owned and stored myself.

Thanks.

I would think it should be okay considering you added the stabilizer.

But even after I do all that I still dump the gas in the truck/lawn mower/ power washer and put in some fresh gas prior to the first ride of the season along with a oil change.

Kaz

i would run it but i would not be doing any high speed runs on it untill i added some fresh 91 to it at 1/2 tank to top it back off.

Mighty said:
The beauty of a 4-stroke; just ride it when the snow flies

If it aint broke dont fix it. Ride it a bit once its down half fill it with fresh and ride ride ride. Or ride it till its all gone either way will work.

I'll always drain the tank during summer and use it in my car, when season start my sled is empty and I pour in new fresh gas, never had a problem. Your car would not care much about stale gas as long as you have some gas in there to start with.

rxrider said:
I'll always drain the tank during summer and use it in my car, when season start my sled is empty and I pour in new fresh gas, never had a problem. Your car would not care much about stale gas as long as you have some gas in there to start with.
Then just leave the tank dry for the summer.

i leave mine full to lower the amount of condensation it gathers and we run them up to temp every 3-4weeks during storage.

Keep them full to reduce condensation, with gas stabilzer,
Run them and refill with new gas.

Back