• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Taller tracks

3wheelerdude

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 Voyageur 600
2019 ZR200
1991 Ovation 340
1986 XLV 540
Previous sleds: 1996 Vmax600, 2007 Phazer, 2016 Bearcat 3000
I know this has been discussed before but I could not find real opinions on 1.75 since most run the Freeride 1.5.

Is anyone running a 1.75 track and if so, any mods necessary not to ruin the tunnel? and what kind of speed did you lose?

I was given a 1.75 snowX track and plan on cutting her down to 14. Its set up with 2 inches studs, but they have to go.

Wow 47 views, and no one is running a 1.75.

I guess Ill give it a shot and report back. I can only assume that if it clears the tunnel it will be a major improvement over the 1 inch stocker.

Just dont expect the handling you have with stock track.I lost about 3-5mph on top with freeride.For everything else though it will be a improvement for sure.

cannondale27 said:
Just dont expect the handling you have with stock track.I lost about 3-5mph on top with freeride.For everything else though it will be a improvement for sure.

By handling, you mean it will be harder to steer and corner?
And do you have any idea if it will fit inside the tunnel or is 1.5 the maximum?

i have a 1.75 studded. much better in my opinon. only tunnel damage i saw was jumping it one time befor i had the shocks relavled. bottomed out and the studs just cought the curved down pice by the rear bumper and the plate i put to close off the big hole in the tunnel.

terret725 said:
i have a 1.75 studded. much better in my opinon. only tunnel damage i saw was jumping it one time befor i had the shocks relavled. bottomed out and the studs just cought the curved down pice by the rear bumper and the plate i put to close off the big hole in the tunnel.

How long are the studs you use?

i don't know how my 1.75 runs yet but there's room for 2". (mtx's) should be same setup?

3wheelerdude said:
cannondale27 said:

By handling, you mean it will be harder to steer and corner?
And do you have any idea if it will fit inside the tunnel or is 1.5 the maximum?

Yes.But you more than make up for it coming OUT of the corners.I would not go back to stock.

For those using 1.75 or 2 inch tracks, are you using anything inside the tunnel to protect it from hitting?

I remember using some slides inside the tunnel of an old Vmax600 when installing studs to prevent damage. Would this be necessary on the phazer as well?

Back