• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD mod stock mufflers - Power but quiet?

TIKKA PPC POWER
Have you ever dealt with these guys?
They had some interesting looking weights a couple of years back but I dont think they have imported them to the U.S. yet.

I have had contact with Mats Tikka in Sweden. The problem is the price of manufacturing the weights. The hard high quqlity steel needed CNC machining and thats expansive. Tikka is looking for cheaper manufacturing so we can buy for a normal price. But I love the Heelclickers, its a great design. No weigts pull harder than Heelclickers. But they wear out quickly.

Ikon för Verifierad av gruppen

Give us some feedback after you have fired her up!

Just had the first chance to ride with the 3" TD SMM. I couldn't believe how quiet it is. When at normal trail speed or cruising 100 mph on the lake, to my ears all I hear is wind and or track noise and no louder that the stock muffler as it just seems very quiet. At idle it appears to have a deeper/throatier sound to it (which I like), but by no means not much louder over stock at idle. Super happy with the decision.

Just had the first chance to ride with the 3" TD SMM. I couldn't believe how quiet it is. When at normal trail speed or cruising 100 mph on the lake, to my ears all I hear is wind and or track noise and no louder that the stock muffler as it just seems very quiet. At idle it appears to have a deeper/throatier sound to it (which I like), but by no means not much louder over stock at idle. Super happy with the decision.
Thanks for the info, I'm leaning this way also.

My muffler arrived before christmas. Fits perfect and quiet! :sled2:
This is the way to go!

20211225_194254~2.jpg

Last edited:
Let us now if it cooks your right foot.
The big suitcase muffler tend to hold a lot of heat.
Maybe the 3" will be the ticket to less heat.

Let us now if it cooks your right foot.
The big suitcase muffler tend to hold a lot of heat.
Maybe the 3" will be the ticket to less heat.

I was getting a cooked right foot with the Stock Muffler and the SM Tunes. I am hoping the 3" outlet will provide less heat than the stocker. I didn't ride long enough to tell a difference and won't be back up until this weekend at earliest.

I am using the TD 3 inch outlet Stock Mod muffler this year. The muffler has a much larger inlet as well. This is the 4th muffler I have installed on my Tuned SW and so far I am very happy with the noise level and the power output seems as good or better then other perf mufflers I have tried.
Like every one else I have been searching for the perfect balance between power and low noise levels.
I will know better as the season goes by.

Doesn’t look like you’d ever get an O2 sensor installed where the o2 bung is ?
Might be angle of picture he took of it. Janne339, could you provide some input on the o2 sensor location? I’m thinking of going this route also.

FYI - I contacted TD and they claim 3hp more on this muffler than their 2.5" SQ. If that is true this is the ideal muffler imo.
Most 3” mufflers have a drone sound at lower rpm, and that I hate!
Does this one have any drone sound?

Most 3” mufflers have a drone sound at lower rpm, and that I hate!
Does this one have any drone sound?
No drone on the TD SQ 2.5”. Just got to finally try it out yesterday and it sounds just like the one I replaced it with, which was a copy of the 2017 D&D modded muffler. That one had a drone sound at 4K-5K until we changed the outlet size from 3 to 2.5”!

Again, I hate that drone sound which resonates inside your helmet.

Back