• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tension wheel grooved

Looks nice. Wonder how that shoe holds up over time vs the roller? They sell the shoe on there site to replace the roller but I don’t see this setup yet. My pivot post is getting a groove in it as well I was thinking of making a sleeve like the earlier post.
There is really nothing wrong with the roller. Not sure I see the advantage to the shoe vs roller. The issue has always been the screws coming loose that hold the roller. As long as you tack weld the screws its not an issue.

There is really nothing wrong with the roller. Not sure I see the advantage to the shoe vs roller. The issue has always been the screws coming loose that hold the roller. As long as you tack weld the screws its not an issue.
Ya but the arm cutting into the pivot post is an issue needs a bushing. I run mine at 1 turn out from hand tight

The problem is getting to the adjuster. Removing the muffler to do this, while not a huge deal, is still some thing I hate.
If was an auto tensioner like the old Cat 1100's with an improved shoe, count me in.

Looks nice. Wonder how that shoe holds up over time vs the roller? They sell the shoe on there site to replace the roller but I don’t see this setup yet. My pivot post is getting a groove in it as well I was thinking of making a sleeve like the earlier post.

I have a buddy that runs the shoe. He loves it but then he is a PEFI fanboy. There is no reason it should not work, and the fact that it doesn't rotate should make it less likely to back the screws out. But then, there is little chance of wear on the stock roller and a few seconds with the mig and you are good to go.

I have a buddy that runs the shoe. He loves it but then he is a PEFI fanboy. There is no reason it should not work, and the fact that it doesn't rotate should make it less likely to back the screws out. But then, there is little chance of wear on the stock roller and a few seconds with the mig and you are good to go.

We had shoes like that PEFI shoe the Doos and they work great. Probably minimizes a lot of vibration actually, but Travis is correct, that as long as the roller bolts are tack welded there's nothing wrong with the roller either.

I did over 37 oookm whit this chain case (sw ,viperT ). Chain tension is NOT the issue. This groove will appear no matter what you did. I have always monitored chain tension whit secondary clutch … :)

Automatic tensioner, personally I wouldn't do R&D even for free. Seen many catastrophic failures with this:-/

I did over 37 oookm whit this chain case (sw ,viperT ). Chain tension is NOT the issue. This groove will appear no matter what you did. I have always monitored chain tension whit secondary clutch … :)

Automatic tensioner, personally I wouldn't do R&D even for free. Seen many catastrophic failures with this:-/

Out of curiosity, what gearing are you running top and bottom?

I still have my auto tensioner off my 2012 procross. Don’t know if it would work on my 2018 tcat though. I would still prefer the manual but with a bushing on the pivot post

Out of curiosity, what gearing are you running top and bottom?
ViperT. 24/50 ::::::24/48:::::::21/41
SW 21/41 and probably around 20 oookm whit 22/41. (5$ mcmaster carr super bushing )

The only serious chaincase problem i have had is whit BDX SSI aftermarket cheap parts (broken drive shaft)

ViperT. 24/50 ::::::24/48:::::::21/41
SW 21/41 and probably around 20 oookm whit 22/41. (5$ mcmaster carr super bushing )

The only serious chaincase problem i have had is whit BDX SSI aftermarket cheap parts (broken drive shaft)

Which bushing is that, I ordered 60695k7 High-Load Dry-Running Sleeve Bearing with Steel Shell, Bronze-Backed PTFE, for 1" Shaft Diameter for another member as I have an account there but have not tried it myself, I have the press in bushing from prevost but $5.00 is pretty damn cheap.

Back