• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The One Thirty Six Thread.

Ruckus

TY 4 Stroke Master
I'm going to convert my 07 FX to a 136 this year. I was hoping to start a thread with all your 136" phazers as an inspiration and information center for those of us who are doing this mod this year. Talk about extension kits, types of tracks, handling, speed clutching etc. Thanks!

[/b]

This is teerex's from Norway. Man, I love this one!
phazern.jpg

needs a tiny tunnel/bumper extension. 4-6" I think !!! I will soon have my 08 RTX transformed into a true Phazer XTX. I do not like the approach angle with the stock skid so I will be taking a 2001 polaris xtra 10 136 skid and shaving down the font tourque arm and rear sissor arms to fit the phazer tunnel and then shaving 3/8" from both sides of a camoplast intense 1.5". I like this topic already. I'll keep you all informed of my Phazer !!!

well, i'll add to the list.

here's a full pic with my bumper still being made in progress.

oft racing ext's w/ tip up rails.
polaris 1.75 track.
ulmer clutch w/ secondary adjustment in a-2 i think. (ulmer's rec.)
no seat time yet, installed just this spring.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 127
2007 GT. Yamaha MTX skis, Hartman extension, 136" Free ride track, Apex bars, left side throttle, 1995 Vmax reverse cam secondary clutch(awesome!), bunch of stuff from Hygear Suspension, Ulmer's primary kit, re-drilled shorty windshield using larger mounts to accomdate a stock windshield bag, exhaust turn out. The motor/pipe are stock.

The sled is a wonderful boodocker/crossover here in the midwest but not up to the challenge of steep/deep at higher elevations. I've been riding since 1969 and this is the funnest sled I've ever owned.

Attachments

• sledshot lions head.jpg
    sledshot lions head.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 119
I did this when i moved from iowa to montana. Unfortunatly the phazer doesn't have enough power or track for out here and i regret doing it. These are some of me and my buddy on my 136.

390771890.jpg

390771888.jpg

390771884.jpg

390771882.jpg

377546071.jpg

390771876.jpg

Here is mine

Attachments

• 30tjgjr phazer.jpg
    30tjgjr phazer.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 100
I was hoping you guys would talk about your setups a little more. The pics are nice but some info would be appreciated too. TKS!

I used Tracks USA rail ext because the also extent the Hifax all the way to the end. ( buy some for a 144 and not a 136, The 136 will be too short) I also made my own 4th wheel kit while I was in there. Not that bad of a job either. I also used stainless steal bolts on the rail ext and not the ones suplied with the kit. If you have any questions just ask. Good luck and BTW you will love the new ride.

Hey Ruckus you'll love the mods just do what we did and do a search of this topic and read up.

The one mod I made that hasn't been talked about enough is the Reverse Cam Secondary clutch from a 95 Vmax. I had read about the mod here and then one day BLAMMO! my secondary blew. I was shocked to learn that the clutch on the new Phazers was basically the same design as the old Phazers and my mechanic said alot guys used to put on the Vmax clutch. We had to fab a small spacer in place of the washer to make it work but boy does it work. Way better built and very easy to tune. Love it.

I also run a 18 tooth top gear. Make sure the fan update is done and clear the snow out of the radiator opening every chance you get. Oh, and I took off the sway bar for my trip west, love it in the deep, hate it on the trail and will be upgrading to stiffer springs/better shocks soon. You might have to chase your perfect trail set-up for awhile but it is achievable. The sled handles better the harder you ride both on and off the trail. I actually get a jaw-ache from the perma-grin I'm always sportin' while riding the Phazer. Good Luck!

I believe so. They are the same as the other Yamaha sleds.

What kind of tracks can be used on the Phazer? I have no problem cutting one down on the tablesaw, just wondering what the options are.

Back