• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Think'n of gett'n rid of the rad and fan!

You could probably get rid of that and put in a rear heat exchanger. If I was gonna put in a sidemount I would probably look at that option with all the heat coming from the turbo in that location.

Maybe you are referring to the crossover pipe, I wouldn't call that a heat exchanger. No rear heat exchanger on my Apex Mtn.

Yea, I thought there was a rear mount heat exchanger also, until I looked at one the other day. All that's there is a cross over tube. At least it is in a better location than the RX-1.

I have a rear heat exchanger sitting here, but have not had any time to figure out how to disconnect the fan and radiator, can it be done?

Be careful. I don't know if they use a relay to turn the fan on and off or not. If it is switched by a transistor (or whatever solid state device they use) that is integral to the ECU, then not having the fan load there any more could cause other problems.

Just had that happen once with one of the electronic devices I sell. One of the cooling fans became disconnected and the darn thing kept on quittiing on me for not reason. Plugged the fan back in and it has never missed a beat since. If this was the same with the Apex, then you would have to connect a resistor where the fan was.

:D

slymax said:
You could probably get rid of that and put in a rear heat exchanger. If I was gonna put in a sidemount I would probably look at that option with all the heat coming from the turbo in that location.

You gotter! I think the rad and fan will defeat its purpose with the side mount turbo.

Yammerhead thanks for the electronic info.Something to think about.

..........add a rear heat exchanger? I hope I wouldn't have to.

How about leaving the fan hooked up and mounting it so it will help dissipate some heat, and just do away with the rad. That way the ECU will still see the load and will turn on the fan if it gets hot(you will know if you are running hot if the fan is running all the time.

Use a rear heat exchanger and have the fan pump out the heat under the hood ;)! that gets my vote. Only question is the fan controlled by coolant temp ? It be nice to have a set up where the fan will run for a minute when you shut down the sled to cool down the turbo. That is where the front mounts usually have the problem stuff melts as soon as you stop.

The fan is controlled by coolant temp. It took a long time at idle to get it to kick on.

Just a thought on this if I may, I think I read somewhere the radiator was to give it closer control on the engine temp for the fuel injection. The engine needed to run a more constant temp.

I might be all wrong because I can't rember where I read it.

Back