• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tired Of Sloppy Steering At Plastic Bushing And Steel Collar

Thankfully that will be it unless something breaks and needs replacement :o| . You know the Engineering Department does not wrench on this stuff and if they do it is already disassembled by someone else thanks for the feedback.
This is not the case! I now have to replace mine due to major slop in the kit.

part number sma-beari-ng-kt cost is $39.95 cdn available through Yamaha! check the Yamaha motor website under accessories for any phazer.
Do you have a link to this steering kit... I can't find it on Yamaha Canada's site? Also, were you able to buy it in NL or did you have to order it? Thanks

Is there any way I can get the Yamaha heavy-duty steering bearing kit in the U.S. because Yamaha Canada will not ship it to me?

Is there any way I can get the Yamaha heavy-duty steering bearing kit in the U.S. because Yamaha Canada will not ship it to me?

I have this yamaha kit installed and its a piece of sh*t (video is after 500km of installing the bearings)

It does take up some of the slop, but it still rocks quite a bit even brand new. Seriously get the one from UPBushman or Schmidt. After this video I did install some machine bushings (big washers essentially) to address some of the vertical play and it helped a bit

If you have play here, you probably also have play in the ski bolt/bushing, and lower ball joints (I am replacing the bolts/bushings/lower ball joints this fall)

The Plastic Bushings part# 8GC-23362-00 & Steel Collars part# 90387-10008-00 on the Pivot Assembly where Idler Arm bolts connecting to Tie Rods are less then desirable on these sleds. My 2007 Mountain Lite were super sloppy after 1300 miles. I made Bronze Bushings and Plastic Washers for the Pivot Assembly where it connects to Idler Arm in the Front Frame.

These pictures show the stock setup and the new Bronze Bushing & Plastic Washer setup. This has been updated since this thread started with some more detail. The Steering Pivot Arm Bushing Kit includes 2-Bronze bushings, 4-Delrin washers with 2-Delrin shim washers for under linkage arm and 1-Delrin shim washer on top of linkage arm for steering pivot arm are now available for $54.00 + shipping $12.00 US, $22.00 Canada, $25.00 International.There is complete instructions on how to install the Steering Pivot Arm Bushing kit on page 6 of this thread.

For purchase of Kits you can contact me via PM or email uptime@gmx.us thanks.

The Plastic Bushings part# 8GC-23362-00 & Steel Collars part# 90387-10008-00 on the Pivot Assembly where Idler Arm bolts connecting to Tie Rods are less then desirable on these sleds. My 2007 Mountain Lite were super sloppy after 1300 miles. I made Bronze Bushings and Plastic Washers for the Pivot Assembly where it connects to Idler Arm in the Front Frame.

These pictures show the stock setup and the new Bronze Bushing & Plastic Washer setup. This has been updated since this thread started with some more detail. The Steering Pivot Arm Bushing Kit includes 2-Bronze bushings, 4-Delrin washers with 2-Delrin shim washers for under linkage arm and 1-Delrin shim washer on top of linkage arm for steering pivot arm are now available for $54.00 + shipping $12.00 US, $22.00 Canada, $25.00 International.There is complete instructions on how to install the Steering Pivot Arm Bushing kit on page 6 of this thread.

For purchase of Kits you can contact me via PM or email uptime@gmx.us thanks.
Got your kit last week. Question. Should I use red loctite on all the bolts when I put everything back together.

i am aware of the age of this post but did you have any measure of success with the steering? my 07 VL is a nightmare to steer at the moment.... all comment welcome. thanks
By nightmare do you mean stiff or sloppy?

This will fix sloppy steering however @UP bushman is no longer making these. Look at Ulmer and Schmidt Brothers.

We use a machine shop to make many different things for my shop. If anyone has simple blueprints or dimensions for this kit or something similar I'm sure we could reproduce it. Let me know.

Back