• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Titto, get me a tissue

drifter

Extreme
Seriously, it is so disappointing to read the posts in here. I know snowmobilers are a demanding and discriminating breed, but seriously people, in our current economy, aren't some of you being a little harsh? For Yamaha to tool up to build anything new would cost a ton of money, along with the added expenses of roll out and marketing. People are losing their homes and jobs, dealers are closing, the economy is not good right now. And some of you whine about no new model?

Not only did Yamaha improve on some key items, but also released new models in areas that needed them. If you go buy another brand because of nothing "new", then you obviously need some sort of false image and do not research nor care about the quality and design of the product. You say Ski-Doo has a great 4 stroke? Go ride it. On paper, yeah it is lighter. But throw a leg over it and ride it. Then compare it to Yamaha. The Yamaha sleds feel lighter, handle far better, and out perform EVERY 4 stroke and most 2 strokes in the industry. If you haven't riden a Doo, Cat or Polaris, you better before you decide. Plus if you want sound of a Massy Ferguson, then the others may be right for you.

Before you get too excited to jump brands, or jump all over this post, wait until March, and see what the other 3 Manufacturers DON'T release. Then come back and edit the whine out of your posts. I think the changes to Yamaha's line-up are great and a result of listening to the customer and making improvements to an already industry leading line of high performance snowmobiles. Improvements timely and necessary in the current state of the economy. Good luck to any of you who switch brands, I hope you make the right decision. :home:

drifter said:
Seriously, it is so disappointing to read the posts in here. I know snowmobilers are a demanding and discriminating breed, but seriously people, in our current economy, aren't some of you being a little harsh? For Yamaha to tool up to build anything new would cost a ton of money, along with the added expenses of roll out and marketing. People are losing their homes and jobs, dealers are closing, the economy is not good right now. And some of you whine about no new model?

Not only did Yamaha improve on some key items, but also released new models in areas that needed them. If you go buy another brand because of nothing "new", then you obviously need some sort of false image and do not research nor care about the quality and design of the product. You say Ski-Doo has a great 4 stroke? Go ride it. On paper, yeah it is lighter. But throw a leg over it and ride it. Then compare it to Yamaha. The Yamaha sleds feel lighter, handle far better, and out perform EVERY 4 stroke and most 2 strokes in the industry. If you haven't riden a Doo, Cat or Polaris, you better before you decide. Plus if you want sound of a Massy Ferguson, then the others may be right for you.

Before you get too excited to jump brands, or jump all over this post, wait until March, and see what the other 3 Manufacturers DON'T release. Then come back and edit the whine out of your posts. I think the changes to Yamaha's line-up are great and a result of listening to the customer and making improvements to an already industry leading line of high performance snowmobiles. Improvements timely and necessary in the current state of the economy. Good luck to any of you who switch brands, I hope you make the right decision.

Sincerely President and Ceo of Yamaha Motor Corp

:home:

Fixed it for you

Couple things to think about. If the demand is there from this web site for a new Apex don't you think it's there across the board?? My guess is people don't care about the economy!!!

Also the other OEMs have already released Newer products over the last 3 model years. People on this board are asking for more!!!

dirkdiggler said:
drifter said:

Before you get too excited to jump brands, or jump all over this post, wait until March, and see what the other 3 Manufacturers DON'T release. Then come back and edit the whine out of your posts. I think the changes to Yamaha's line-up are great and a result of listening to the customer and making improvements to an already industry leading line of high performance snowmobiles. Improvements timely and necessary in the current state of the economy. Good luck to any of you who switch brands, I hope you make the right decision.

Sincerely President and Ceo of Yamaha Motor Corp

:home:

Fixed it for you

Couple things to think about. If the demand is there from this web site for a new Apex don't you think it's there across the board?? My guess is people don't care about the economy!!!

Also the other OEMs have already released Newer products over the last 3 model years. People on this board are asking for more!!!

People don't care about the economy? Good guess... :drink:

I see the demand, it is not there right now. Our allocation for 2009 snowmobiles was 65, we took 16. I have 3 left. Started with 50 non-currents. We had great snow early, which in any normal year we would have been looking for more sleds. People are not spending money like they were. They don't have it. Plus, dealers are struggling with alot of unsold inventory in all areas, and the manus are cutting back production and jobs. If you think that this message board can supply enough demand for a manufacturer to build certain sled right now, your mouth is dry.

And don't get me wrong, I wanted new product just as bad as anyone, but I understand, and I certainly am not whining about it on a message board. Just my 2 cents.

And thanks for fixing my post, I would like that title someday. ;)!

I dont think yamaha needed to make a whole new sled they need to fix a few things

1. Hand warmers (A+) on that for the time being well see if they actually work next winter.

2. Ski's better ski's on the trail sleds and wider ski's on the XTX (F-) not a change

3. Bigger gas tank on the nytros so we dont have to spend almost $400 on a trail tank shipped (F-) not a change

4. Fixing the ice build up on the tunnel (?) On that one they didn't mention if they made a plate or fixed that.

5. Fix burning up slide's (?) no mention on that so assuming no change

6. Better graphics (B) looks better nothing special though.

7. Atleast a 1.5" lug track on the XTX (F-) no change

so in conclusion things look a little better but theres are a lot of unknowns, And i dont think the 6 things i have mentioned to fix cost them alot of money to do i know when i payed $10,000 for my xtx when i spring checked it and put 2 grand in a trail tank, Larger Lug track, ski's, handle bar grab strap like all the other Crossovers from the other 3 brands and all the other mods i did to make it what is should have been i would have rather had a price tag alittle more than have to dump 2 grand out of pocket but i guess i was expecting alittle more but like a wise man once said "Life is like a box of *chocolates <-----Yamaha* you never know what you are going to get"
-Forest Gump

Apex & xtx said:
I dont think yamaha needed to make a whole new sled they need to fix a few things

1. Hand warmers (A+) on that for the time being well see if they actually work next winter.

2. Ski's better ski's on the trail sleds and wider ski's on the XTX (F-) not a change

3. Bigger gas tank on the nytros so we dont have to spend almost $400 on a trail tank shipped (F-) not a change

4. Fixing the ice build up on the tunnel (?) On that one they didn't mention if they made a plate or fixed that.

5. Fix burning up slide's (?) no mention on that so assuming no change

6. Better graphics (B) looks better nothing special though.

7. Atleast a 1.5" lug track on the XTX (F-) no change

so in conclusion things look a little better but theres are a lot of unknowns, And i dont think the 6 things i have mentioned to fix cost them alot of money to do i know when i payed $10,000 for my xtx when i spring checked it and put 2 grand in a trail tank, Larger Lug track, ski's, handle bar grab strap like all the other Crossovers from the other 3 brands and all the other mods i did to make it what is should have been i would have rather had a price tag alittle more than have to dump 2 grand out of pocket but i guess i was expecting alittle more but like a wise man once said "Life is like a box of *chocolates <-----Yamaha* you never know what you are going to get"
-Forest Gump

I honestly think that if any company can resolve this ice issue. Who cares about two pounds here, two pounds there. If your pulling a 5 gallon pail out that weighs 20lbs or more there's your problem!

I think the extrovert drivers will let you run the tracks looser, actually increasing hyfax life.

I will ride any 2010 I can yet this winter and see if the handwarmers are better than 09 models.

Apparently there were some plates added to 09's for fixing ice build up issues.

The still 7.4 gallon nytro tank is a big let down.

drifter said:
People don't care about the economy? Good guess... :drink:

I see the demand, it is not there right now. Our allocation for 2009 snowmobiles was 65, we took 16. I have 3 left. Started with 50 non-currents. We had great snow early, which in any normal year we would have been looking for more sleds. People are not spending money like they were. They don't have it. Plus, dealers are struggling with alot of unsold inventory in all areas, and the manus are cutting back production and jobs. If you think that this message board can supply enough demand for a manufacturer to build certain sled right now, your mouth is dry.

I think its more of the avg 20-40 yr old can't afford a 10k+ sled and the 40-70 yr trail riders do not want a nytro or a phazer, cause they are uncomfortable to ride for most and cold... Bring back a trailing arm sled with a 4 stroke for $6500 and then let the people decide. At least that is what 90% of people want that set foot in my buddy's dealership... Had to sell 60 sleds a year to 10% of the buying public.

I tend to agree with Drifter. Like anyone, I would love to see more new models. But that being said, I'm not at all surprised that we only got BNG in the current economy. I keep seeing posts by people saying that Yamaha is being left behind by the other manufacturers - but I just don't see it that way. How many times now have we heard about the new sled that's gonna "blow the APex out of the water." The F1000, XP800, Dragon 800, Z1 Turbo......... it still hasn't happened. I still wouldn't trade an Apex for any of those machines for my type of riding. Is the skidoo chassis better than Yamaha's, yes, probably. Are the Yamaha engines the best in the industry, yes, definately. As an over-all product the Yamaha sleds are tuff to beat. Yamaha's four-stroke technology is way ahead of the others. I agree that the chassis still needs improvement - but as a total package it's still the best. Polaris still cant get their big engines running right, Cats are still poorly made, and skidoos are pretty sweet, but are still burning down too frequently for my taste. Perhaps if I were a ditch-banger or mountain rider I might see it differently, but as a hard-core trail-rider I still like the Yamaha line-up the best. Just my opinion.

After owning four four strokes (Yamaha) i don't care about any one else's two strokes or at least nothing currently available. As far as four strokes go there is nothing out there to date with any more tec than the four four stroke motor's from Yamaha. Cats 1,100cc TWIN Turbo with a claimed 180hp has it's hands full with a well setup Apex and in many cases will not beat an Apex and is in my opinion ugly and sound's GAY!!! Doo's 1,200 does not have the bottom end of the Nytro, Is not as smooth and is built like a sardine can compared to a Yamaha (I will take the extra few pounds). Polaris, well we don't even need to go there. If i were Yamaha i would not go out on any limb's with the world economy as it is to try to jump ahead of the other three when the other three has nothing any better than we already have. My Attak runs awesome and i will be very happy waiting another year. New stuff is always fun but don't make it more than it is. kviper

kviper said:
After owning four four strokes (Yamaha) i don't care about any one else's two strokes or at least nothing currently available. As far as four strokes go there is nothing out there to date with any more tec than the four four stroke motor's from Yamaha. Cats 1,100cc TWIN Turbo with a claimed 180hp has it's hands full with a well setup Apex and in many cases will not beat an Apex and is in my opinion ugly and sound's GAY!!! Doo's 1,200 does not have the bottom end of the Nytro, Is not as smooth and is built like a sardine can compared to a Yamaha (I will take the extra few pounds). Polaris, well we don't even need to go there. If i were Yamaha i would not go out on any limb's with the world economy as it is to try to jump ahead of the other three when the other three has nothing any better than we already have. My Attak runs awesome and i will be very happy waiting another year. New stuff is always fun but don't make it more than it is. kviper

Well said ;)! I sure wouldn't want to be a Z1 turbo "FAT CAT" owner I'd only ride at night so nobody could see me... :rofl:

Forgot! Doo is a 1,200 and has less low end than the Nytros 1,050, LOL!!!

Back