• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top end MPH on 17 SW.

You may be do for a shock rebuild, sounds like a front spring in the skid as well.
I guess I should check the clicker knob on the bottom of the shock...who knows what someone might of set it at. Factory says 12 clicks out I think?

Have you always run the 8dn belt? Stock sidewinder belt is 8jp but 8dn will work but its typically 3-4mph slower on top end. The squeal at idle just means your belt deflection needs to be loosened up a bit.

Have you always run the 8dn belt? Stock sidewinder belt is 8jp but 8dn will work but its typically 3-4mph slower on top end. The squeal at idle just means your belt deflection needs to be loosened up a bit.
You are correct,,,I run the 8jp....sorry for the confusion. I was reading about the 8dn belt ....its been a long day..lol

Try a new track, you say original track so thats a six year old track, she’s probably stretched and balloning robbing you speed.

Try your stock secondary spring at 3-3. My 18 was faster with with stock secondary spring compared to the B/O.

Thats just too light IMO on the B/O. I run 90 on the B/O with Hi-Torque rollers. On the big tunes 80 is not enough and will slip pretty bad.

People don't quite understand that the stock springs are near coil bind at the end and actually apply a lot of pressure at the top end. They are wimpy down low however. You need to wrap up the B/O tighter to provide the top end hold needed.

Thats just too light IMO on the B/O. I run 90 on the B/O with Hi-Torque rollers. On the big tunes 80 is not enough and will slip pretty bad.

People don't quite understand that the stock springs are near coil bind at the end and actually apply a lot of pressure at the top end. They are wimpy down low however. You need to wrap up the B/O tighter to provide the top end hold needed.
Straight 38 from BDX (measures 38) B/O @ 6/3 I can smell my belt on MS20 at about 1000 feet.. To light on the big tunes up top for sure.. Black/tan on big tunes for me next year.

I didnt install the secondary spring my self but the paper that comes with the spring says set it 6-2. Im assuming thats where they set it.It says the old version of this spring was 6-1 and this new version to set it at 6-2. Its says this will give it the same torsion amount as the old version at 6-1.. Should I set the new B/O spring thats in it now at 6-3? What would it act like going from 6-2 to 6-3? Ive never messed with these before so I dont know the results of the changes would be. TD told me to go B/O .I replaced the secondary rollers with better ones per TD.

The new version #2 B/O has more pressure on my drill press scale by quite a bit over V1. Tightening the secondary spring helps with top end slippage, raises RPM typically, and will backshift better.

The new version #2 B/O has more pressure on my drill press scale by quite a bit over V1. Tightening the secondary spring helps with top end slippage, raises RPM typically, and will backshift better.
What are the characteristics if you go to far and put to much twist on the secondary spring

Thanks In advance

Back