• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top speed on 07 Apex RTX

ApexSS

Extreme
What's the top speed I should be seeing on the dream-o-meter? I've gotten it up to 115 on hard packed lake and I recall people saying their sleds go considerably faster.
I bought it used and can't get a hold of the guy to see if he did some mod's he didn't mention.....

How many miles on the sled. It will take up to 1500-2000 miles to see the best performance. My 07 GT really woke up after 1000 miles. Have 1900 on it now and my best is 125 dream meter and 113 on GPS.

6500. . . .haven't heard it get slower with time but maybe the case. 10mph is huge. . . would putting a lower gear cause a 10mph loss?

The rtx is not as fast from what I have heard because of the skid possibly and it already has a 22 tooth top gear.

126 dreammeter = 110 gps. My best this year. Saw 112 gps last year. Put a bottle of fuel injector cleaner thru it. Half bottle to a full tank. Let us know if it helps should you try it.

ApexSS said:
What's the top speed I should be seeing on the dream-o-meter? I've gotten it up to 115 on hard packed lake and I recall people saying their sleds go considerably faster.
I bought it used and can't get a hold of the guy to see if he did some mod's he didn't mention.....

lots of variables with that many miles.... How old are the clutch springs and belt. Bearings could be going? With that mnay miles, I would be going through the whole thing and looking it over. If the previous owner did not keep up with the mainteance, then I would guess, that some of the chassis parts are worn out. If he dropped the gear even lower, than yes it would.

Mine saw 114.7 stock as a rock last year in 2000ft, which was in the 125-127 ish range on the speedo. I think thats about the average.

I havent ran it in good conditions this year, but now I've got a 23 tooth top gear, ulmer clutching and windage plates and a waaaay looser track thanks to the extro drivers. I did run it on a crappy slushy day against my buddy's identical stock sled. He pulled 104 and I managed 112.

I ended up going back to the 22T gear and added 2 grams to the tips as per Allen's reccomendation. Its a 1000 foot weapon now... havent lost one yet!

I saw 124 on the Dream meter yesterday down a snow covered road before I ran out of road.......

Yeah I put in the injector cleaner in on first tank of gas on wednesday. No sure. I know my drives are worn and ratcheting is outta control. Tightened up there track but still nothing......going to take it to Woody's in Topsham Maine and see what they say. Overall the seld is a beast, and handles awesome for a big sled.

chadman said:
The rtx is not as fast from what I have heard because of the skid possibly and it already has a 22 tooth top gear.

I've lined up with 4 different 06 Apex (3 ER, 1 06 RTX) and my 07 RTX accelerates faster and has a higher top speed vs all of the others (some are close though). This includes on everything from soft powder to very hard packed trail.

As far as I'm concerned the 07/08 RTX is the fastest short track Apex available (stock) in real conditions (snow).

The only place I expect the 07/08 RTX would be slower is on bare ice. I'm not exactly sure of the speed, but it will likely run out of gear. I've never opened mine up on bare ice so I don't know how it performs.

As far as speed on the speedo, mine typically hits between 114 mph and 119 mph on a wind swept, snow covered lake and the highest I've seen is 127/128 mph on hard pack (124 mph most times that I've really opened it up on hard pack - only once did it flicker between 127/128; possibly a little downhill). Actual speed, this likely works out to top speeds between 98 and 110 mph depending on conditions.

My rtx only pulled to 105mph on a fire road hard packed, and later that day it did 108 under the same conditions, it had 500 miles on it.

JUST BOUGHT MY 06 RTX 2 WEEKS AGO AND IT DOES 124, THATS WITH A TEAM LIGHT WEIGHT SECONDARY AND A HAUCK PIPE AND GEARED DOWN A TOOTH ON THE DREAM METER, AGAINST MY BUDDIES BONE STOCK 800 R WAS SIDE BY SIDE AND HIS SPEEDO READ 117 SO THE YAMAHA DREAMMETER IS DEFINITELY DREAMIER.

Back