• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Torco octane booster

sheetwright said:
How high of boost have people tried/trusted these additives on flatland? I see Torco the more you add the higher the grade goes, but what is your personal ceiling you were willing to go up to?
I don't run low elevation but have been down to 3300 ft at 19# grass dragging.

Ken....

Attachments

• 09 races.jpg
    09 races.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 116
I love water, way cheaper and easily accessable :)

Yeah Torco is the one that works as advertised.

out-front-Y said:
Lets say 6psi pump gas limit. Can you run 8psi with torco in the mix and be safe ? anyone done this?
Yes, I run 8 lbs with 93 pump and Lucas octane booster at sea level.. Been running this for the past two seasons with no issues, knock on wood...:).

I've ran as high as 10 at 2k feet on 104 mix of torco and 90. Typically I run around a 100 mix for 8-9 lbs. Fairly cheap if you buy 5 gallons. $1.50 a gallon extra to get 100 from 90.

I run a 2l of avgas per gas tank when I want to make big boost. Its .30cents more per L than supreme. It works great but u can't keep it on your sled for later on that day.

I have used torco accellerator and it works great, I recently sold my supercharged mustang and have (2) 5 gallon cans left that i don't need anymore,
I will sell each 5 gallon can for $175.00 us... thats only $8.75 per quart.
Jeff Simon / SIMONS CPR 1-414-698-6611

Simons Only if I would have known a few days ago! I just bought some off a dealer. Guys this is a great deal!

A friend used some octane booster, not torco, but one of the competitors and in one or two tanks, his o2 sensor failed and it had black goop all over it. I use water meth and run 15 psi on the trail, I try to buy the best fuel available, I have run it two seasons, all pump gas.

If you intend to run stock compression at 15 lbs, I would recommend meth or higher octane fuel.

Back