• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tracking down an exhaust leak.

Tore into my exhaust again last night and found the flared ends on both Y pipes are cracked and broken like the picture above. Is it worth trying to fix these or should I just get new ones?

steve 05 RX-1 said:
They probaply could be reused if they are good but I doubt they are.How many miles on your sled?Two of mine were gone and the other two were half gone at 5000 miles on mine.The doughnuts are very soft you can easily mush them with your finger.I ground approximatly .020 off the clamp so that they would close tighter on the new dougnuts.The next time they start leaking im going to look for something stronger from the parts store.The are so small though they may be tough to find.

As far as cracking flex pipes I believe that was a problem only on the early rx-1,s.

Cracking flex pipes have not been an issue on the RX-1s, the RX-1 flex pipes is made of steel. The Apex flex pipes is made of titanium and they crack, the RX-1 flex pipes are the fix to that problem.

Back