• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trick to stop ever heating.

80h4thephaze

Expert
Hi all,

Just a little trick for you guys to help stop over heating. When you ride around in the powder make sure you clear your rad because snow will build up and cause your machiune to overheat. Clear ice and snow every now and then. It works. And if the light is on for overheating, clear the rad, then cruise down a lake or trail without reving high and gets lots of air through and it will go away quickly.

Found thats not enough for mine, My rad can be completly clean..and it still will overheat just because the damn thing builds ice on the heat exchanger terribly...why does it do that?? never has happened to any other sled ive had.

Close your tunnel.At least the front preferably both.Guaranteed no more ice on exchanger.Notice how clean tunnel is at front.

Attachments

• Phazer Icing 003.jpg
    Phazer Icing 003.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 63
when i first got my 07' phazer fx, the anti-freeze was 100%, i took out some anti-freeze and added distilled water and water wetter, a huge a bubble came out when bleeding and it has never over-heated again, even in warm riding

SharkAttak said:
when i first got my 07' phazer fx, the anti-freeze was 100%, i took out some anti-freeze and added distilled water and water wetter, a huge a bubble came out when bleeding and it has never over-heated again, even in warm riding
How did you know it was 100%?

How did you know it was 100%?[/quote]

You can check the concentration with a refractometer which measures the specific gravity of the coolant. You do not want to have a mix greater then 60/40. You start to loose cooling efficanticy if you go any higher and any lower then 50/50 and it will more then likely freeze. You can get a cheap refractometer at your local auto parts store or a pricie one from snap-on. When you check it make sure it reads approxemently -35C to -40 for proper coolant mix.

My rad has been full of ice and snow since beginning of Dec and it hasn't overheated yet. Maybe a fluke, who knows. You would think that having ice/ snow against the rad would keep it cool, agree?

SharkAttak said:
Just read in Snow tech you can't use bubble type testers on the long life coolant in phazers(they may only be talkin about 08, not sure) and when I run water wetter in my dirtbikes its a stand alone product, they say water or other types of coolant take its cooling ability out.

[[/quote]
Just read in Snow tech you can't use bubble type testers on the long life coolant in phazers(they may only be talkin about 08, not sure) and when I run water wetter in my dirtbikes its a stand alone product, they say water or other types of coolant take its cooling ability out.[/quote]

Any ELC can be tested with a refractometer. If you are using a cheap bubble tester you must make sure that it will read ELC (there are diffrent types). An actual true refractometer will read battery acid, gycole, ELC and any other fluid you can think of. The reason why some ELC say not to mix it with water, is because it is pre-mixed and not concentrate. Any ELC that I have ever test (GM,VW, Cat....) can be mixed. It is not recomended to mix it with normal glycole though because it looses its longevity.

Overheat

Had the same problem on my Phazer Fx-07, here in Sweden.
I talk to my Local Yamaha dealer, and they installed an electricfan on the radiator(for free!). It's the same fan thats in the Venture. So now the is no more overheating problem =) Works Great!

AND -08 Phazer has an electric fan installed from the factory!

Ville in Sweden

Back