• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuned and gearing?

I just put 24/50 in my sidewinder when I rebuilt the chaincase. It was the only gears available, after reading this thread I'm glad I did. Other advantage is the tensioner doesn't look like it's bottomed out anymore.

Yea that Tapp is a different animal for sure (WAY more efficient ) .. Yes I run the Heavy hitters and the key is don't put any weight in the middle hole(on stock clutch). I know everyone wants to run heavy weights and the 35 or close to it(and its probably great).. The weight profile is probably a huge factor also.. I just know the heavy hitters and more helix back shift very well if you load the heels and the TIP(not the middle).. Also got the secondary spring twisted to 6/3 helps with the backshift.. I tried the 35 with 80+ grams BEFORE we had offset figured and it was a belt blower at will.. 0-100 MPH 40+ helix angle LESS weight.. IMO..

Last edited:
If I had to do it again, when I bought my DMC upper gear, I would have bought a 24 and went with the 24 -50 gearing.
I just ordered a 2022 LTX, I am waiting to see what gearing is in it. I am betting 21-41.

I tried some different helix's, up and down with my TAPP primary. That 35 seemed to be the sweet spot. I never did fool with with flipping the ramps.
A steeper helix probably works well with a different profile weight, are you running the heavy hitters? Those have a pretty aggressive profile correct?
I have to start fresh next year with a new sled and am open to trying some different things.....
Congrats on the 22 order

Yea that Tapp is a different animal for sure (WAY more efficient ) .. Yes I run the Heavy hitters and the key is don't put any weight in the middle hole(on stock clutch). I know everyone wants to run heavy weights and the 35 or close to it(and its probably great).. The weight profile is probably a huge factor also.. I just know the heavy hitters and more helix back shift very well if you load the heels and the TIP(not the middle).. Also got the secondary spring twisted to 6/3 helps with the backshift.. I tried the 35 with 80+ grams BEFORE we had offset figured and it was a belt blower at will.. 0-100 MPH 40+ helix angle LESS weight.. IMO..
I just checked my supply of weights. I DO have a set of heavy hitters, 62.5 base weight. Maybe I will pick your brain aa bit for a stock tune starting point. I have never run those weights before. I have a 45-41 and straight 45 helix also.

I just checked my supply of weights. I DO have a set of heavy hitters, 62.5 base weight. Maybe I will pick your brain aa bit for a stock tune starting point. I have never run those weights before. I have a 45-41 and straight 45 helix also.
Any time!

Back