• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner Skis suck. Ready to install pilots

fourload

TY 4 Stroke Master
3 weeks of experimenting with them(suspension and carbides) and no luck. Either they push really bad with lighter steering setup or they push bad and dart with heavier steering setup. No happy medium!! I have read ROCKERDAN'S install and will make the purchase tomorrow. Plan on going with the 6.9's but was wondering if anyone tried these? What is the difference between the 6.9s and the DS?
Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 9.31.45 PM.png

DS(DEEP SNOW) single keel BRP Mountain ski.....they offer DS1, DS2, DS3...none of these will offer anti-darting like a pilot will.

Be sure to see the update on shims.

Dan
Thanks Dan. You are a great asset to this forum. What is your choice for the center carbide? Is 6 inch good enough or would you stick with the 8 inch. I have 144 studs in the center on a 137 incher and like to wick it up once in a while.

Thanks Dan. You are a great asset to this forum. What is your choice for the center carbide? Is 6 inch good enough or would you stick with the 8 inch. I have 144 studs in the center on a 137 incher and like to wick it up once in a while.
With this chassie the steering effort is far less then all the doos, where we had to keep carbide size at minimum to help with effort. So we have been installing biggest carbides we can on the pilots. I installed the BRP executive 8" carbides on Toms and they are nice. I got a deal on woodys 8" executive which are darn similar. I have not directly compared the two but in pics but they look the same as far as carbide, but the woodys is a flat top on the round host bar. I think the BRP was all round.

Shapers 7.5 should work well too...but I believe a fair bit more in price.

here is the BRP part number.

Dan

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
And here are the Woodys......WSD-9500...Got mine great deal at CB Performance I think he is still a site sponsor, great guy to talk to.

Clipboard02.jpg

Followed Rockerdan’s awesome tutorial and installed 5.7 pilots today. Turned out amazing. Only thing I did different was to make the shim out of 1/4” aluminum to the same dimensions Dan shows.
Haven’t tried it yet as the sled is brand new and I don’t have the trail pass yet.

Thanks Dan

Back