• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Ride Dates 2020-21 Season!!

gotta do what ya gotta do man. just canceled for giveaway ride. hope we can make the march ride.

almost ready to go buy a vintage 75 gs 338 i found to go sledding. air cooled and boggie wheels seem to be the ticket for this season so far as i had a heat light on the 16 just going to the gas station and back to run it on weekend.

Booked cabin for 8 at Krupps. Will be there fri night till Sunday or Monday. 3 so far. It’s cheap. Bring some refreshments and food and come join us. We will ride guaranteed and have fun doing it.
https://www.kruppsresortmi.com/

Have a great time!! I will be at my property this weekend doing some work.

I have yet to go into Munising to see for myself but the rumor mill says they got 12 to 14" of snow yesterday...we got bupkus here 16 mi south but that's not all that unusual with lake effect...might be O.K. for the next one after all

got my room booked comeing up either way snow to ride or not will bring the phazer to trail ride if have to for the next ride. miss my ty family! :letsnow:

If you didn't have that mondo snow-muncher track on you could trail ride your Winder?:dunno::dunno:

If you didn't have that mondo snow-muncher track on you could trail ride your Winder?:dunno::dunno:
:dunno::dunno:long as you keep me in the back and no tight twisty trails o_O I will most likely have both on the deck with me;)

Did just about 300 miles this past weekend trails were actually not bad considering, I would give them a 7 out of 10 overall. They did get bumpy late in day Saturday but had snow on them. Left home in Marquette to Autrain was thin but got better the farther east and north, wet,ore, melstrand, seney, grand marais, pine stump etc. off trail still a bit sketchy. Down by Curtis at my other place the trails are not good so cutting across the lakes is the way to go to get to the south seney trail if you are familiar with the lakes. If. Not avoid lakes, they froze up weird this year. We are supposed to get some more lake effect the next few days. Anyhow, this is an honest report by someone who lives here in UP. Stay safe all and ride on!

Am familiar with the lakes in Curtis as we stay at least two one-week trips up at Pine Bluff Resort every year. johnboy, when you say froze weird, you mean like where the expansion cracks formed or did you mean something else. With staying at those cabins, we usually take the lake to either the south Seney trail or go around the bay towards Helmer and pick up the trail to Grand Marais/Newberry. Will be up there for this TY ride but know buddies will be staying in Curtis so was just curious.

Am familiar with the lakes in Curtis as we stay at least two one-week trips up at Pine Bluff Resort every year. johnboy, when you say froze weird, you mean like where the expansion cracks formed or did you mean something else. With staying at those cabins, we usually take the lake to either the south Seney trail or go around the bay towards Helmer and pick up the trail to Grand Marais/Newberry. Will be up there for this TY ride but know buddies will be staying in Curtis so was just curious.

rob, you will be good from pine bluff, there is an expansion crack from burnt island into helmer bay, watch for that. There was open water in spots I had never seen in 30 years on both lakes, but they are freezing up now.
Ride safe

May be up in the UP for the Gwinn ride. Wondered where you plan to ride, etc. Lot of questions. Long time Yammi rider, never been on a TY ride before. Really appreciate if someone could give me a call 33zero four66 494six. Thanks, Scott

Back