• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Ride Norway 2010, March 18-21. Ride up north at 70N.

I take it rye is bourbon; At the liquer store down town they have some, not all American brands but a few of them, Jack Daniels, 4 Roses, a few Canadian brands as well, gotta check into that to know for sure. Beer is sold in every grosery store there is, easy to get.
Scotch, they have a lot.

Is the prices for the flights in CAN or US $ ?

Hahahaha only a tiny bit LOL

Nobody is allowed to ride intoxicated at the TY Ride. Norway have a close to zero tolerance when it comes to drinking and driving. At 0.2% you're going to jail for 3-4 weeks and your drivers licence is withdrawn for a period of 2 to 5 years depending on severity of your driving and the amount of alcohol in your blood.

Riding is riding , but after we are parked for the day , a few coolies is good also to finish the day !

Rye in the USA is bourban or Jack Daniels, in Canada , rye is Canadian Club ( CC ) , or Crown Royal.

Cheers !

Thanks for the clarification - I think we Norwegians have it all mixed up when it comes to bourbon and rye. After riding beverages are a must. We have Jack Daniels and Canadian Club is known brands over here, I'm new to Crown Royal.

Beer up to 5% of alcohol are sold in every grosery shop, above 5% you will have to visit the liquer store downtown. We have a system of government owned liquer stores in Norway, it's a monopoly and prices are set by the government thru taxes on different kinds of liquers, beverages, beers and wines.

I will try to get pricing on rental sleds asap, season has not started yet officially around here, no snow yet. But when the retals wind up for the season I will get more info on sleds to ride and pricing.

Cheers buddy

We have got snow

DSCF9994.jpg

Winter is here yahoooooo

Minister said:
Any progress on this one Jan Ove? I will probably join in on the ride.

Tor Odmund

Welcome to the site, my friend :) ;)!

Nothing more to add as of now. The dates are set, March 18-21th it is.
Rides will be out of Lake Gagga, Porsanger, Finnmark, Norway. My plan is to ride different routes each day, where to - depending on weather.

Who's in?

Jan-Ove Pedersen
rxrider

Those who lives nearby drive in to Lake Gagga the starting point for the rides.
Those flying into town of Lakselv from Scandinavia will have to stay at Hotels downtown Lakselv, transportation to Lake Gagga will be arranged.
Those travelling in from overseas or the UK will be lodged in my cabin on the Lake Gagga.

When out riding we'll stop for lunch and dinner so noone will be starving LOL

For those who are going to join in please let me know as soon as possible, makes planning a lot easier knowing how many are going to participate on the TY Ride Norway :)

I'll check it up asap

How is the ride coming along? How many will join?

Unfortunately I'm not able to join this time, will be up north only the weekend after :-( Just curious ;)!

Talked to my friends at the local Yamaha dealership today. If any of you are in need you can rent a used sled at Midt-Finnmark Motor. You can rent any used sled they have in stock at any given date.

Prices are in the range of $200-$225 USD a day depending on type of sled etc.

So far I've only got words from locals that are going to join in, how many, hard to tell. I'm going to put up a poster at the local Yamaha dealership inviting Yamaha riders to join in.

I welcome all to join in on the Norway TY Ride :)
Please state you interest as soon as possible if you want to join in on the ride.

Jan-Ove Pedersen
Meieriveien 54
9700 Lakselv
email: rxrider@bluezone.no
PM: rxrider
Cell phone: +47 9324 0969

Back