• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Rides 06s today in Minocqua

Status
Not open for further replies.
welterracer said:
Did any of you guys have your hands go knumb or tingle after riding these forward riding sleds?

Brian, it is very comfortable. At first I planted my butt all the way back in the seat. Then it felt more comfortable to sit further forward. Having 20+K miles in the tradional Yamaha seating position, I was shocked that it felt so natural in a matter of moments. Going back and forth some 8 times between the Apex and Vector, I could not wait to get back on and Apex because on the Vector I felt like I was sitting too low and too far back. They hit a home run with the seating position.

kenlacy said:
Welter - I wouldn't expect there to be any criticisms of the rider forward - because it is perfect and for everyone!
LOL, figuring your post is tongue in cheek, it does in fact appear that way at times.

Personally, I like the Yamaha rider forward over the REV because I can move back and forth a bit and don't feel trapped into one position.

That being said, I'm still a huge fan of the Rage with it's traditional riding position and better wind protection. I've grown quite accustomed and fond of that traditional riding position over the miles and years but I like to think I'm open minded enough to give the new stuff a try and quite frankly I think I'm liking the new style better. :wink:

Steve - as much as some might not believe - I am typically a very open minded person, just have some reservations. Rode a Rev, good for what it is intended for, same with the F-cat which is probably more of a position to compare the new Yamis too, and again, good for the rougher stuff. But both suck at high speed lake and trail running (partly because they are lighter in weight too) but sitting more forward the more the bumps affect your movement on the sled because the bumps transfer you up rather than back.

Hard to explain but when you are back on a sled and the skis are catching bumps - the movement is in front of you, your arms rock in a way. When you are more forward, your whole body is rocking which to me is an uneasy feeling at over 90mph.

The REV is not for me... THATS WHY IM ASKING!

My hands went completely numb after 10 minutes of riding time..

Im considering ordering an 06, but i wont if so much as 1 person says that there hands go numb from the riding postion..

I can't wait to read the full blown report.....whenever it gets posted! Like so many others here, I'm torn as to which 2006 to purchase....I LOVE my Warrior, but at times I wish I had "short track" handling....and about 30 pounds less weight!

snomonut said:
I can't wait to read the full blown report.....whenever it gets posted! Like so many others here, I'm torn as to which 2006 to purchase....I LOVE my Warrior, but at times I wish I had "short track" handling....and about 30 pounds less weight!

I figure the APEX with weight 85lbs lighter than the 04 warrior..

The APEX GT should weight about 75lbs lighter

Welter! Help me understand how this could be true! I would love it to be so.....however, I don't see how!

Rev 800's have serious vibration from that big twin. It is common for aggressive riders and racers to experience a condition called arm pump.

snomonut said:

Welter! Help me understand how this could be true! I would love it to be so.....however, I don't see how!

The 04 warrior weights about 608-615lbs Dry/ 700lbs full of gas depending on whos weighing it..

the Apex with the fox shocks weights 538lbs (SUPPOSIDLY) that is 70lbs lighter..

Thet APEX GT is supposed to weight 549lbs.. THAT IS 60lbs lighter..

Maybe i was alittle high at 85lbs... but still 50+ lbs is ALOT!!

Welt, the early spec sheets showed the GT (dry) at 554. Attak shows 575.

Worth giving up the long track bene's for 21 lbs (4%)?

Worth giving up the long track bene's for 21 lbs (4%)?

Nope. Not if my long-weekend experience in Canada is anything to go by. I was following an SRX around, and we passed a few other sleds.

I've never seen so many bumps and holes over so many miles. SRX man (Grumpy on this list) really took a pounding, you could see his skid faithfully falling into every hole and following every stutter bump, where the Warrior bridged things and kept a much more even keel.
The Warrior is also much more stable over the bumps at high speed, although that is probably more a function of the SRX short-travel suspension.

When the trails are that bad (and with the way winters are these days, it seems to happen more and more), you need every bit you can get.

I was thinking I would go Apex in '06 or '07, but now I'm convinced it's going to be an Attak. I'd like to ride the 2 sleds back to back over bad trail, but for most of my riding the 136" isn't a hindrance at all. The few really tight corners where the shorty is quicker is outweighed by the longer track's stability and traction at higher speed, not to mention comfort.
I've ridden with quite a few shorties (RX1 and other brands) now, and I can't see any short track advantage once speeds get over 20 mph or so.

If the 136 mono shock is as big a improvment as it was for the 121 you can't even imagine how much better the Attak will be over the Warrior ;)! ;)!

Good report guys! ;)! I’m wondering if any of the test sleds were studded and also wondering if anyone noticed the speedometer calibration to be more accurate for 06?
How well were they clutched and what RPMs were seen? I realize they were protos, but I would assume the calibration were adjusted for the extra ponies.....thanks

:flag:
Dan

I cannot wait to try one!! I really like the look of the RTX!!

So far, I could care less about windshield protection...I wear a motoX helmet. I have to dress warm anyway!

All I can say is YAHOOO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back