• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Air box mod vs Fix Ram Air

vmax80096

Extreme
Country
Canada
Anyone on here live close enough to try these out on the same sled, same day. Fix says their's picks up 6-9mph, that would have to be about 15hp! Must be some guys in the US who live close enough to get together for an afternoon.

I am also curious. When I did some internal engine mods it ran like a pig with the Fix lid but ripped before the engine mods. I now have the bottom of the airbox opened up and it runs strong. I know there has to be a difference between the 2 on a stock motor. There is pressure sensor in the bellypan and a Map sensor in the throttle bodies. I think the reason they run better with the lid modified is the obvious airflow but I also think the map sensor is making other changes which happen to make it run better.

Fix says 6 to 9 mph picked up on the top end. To me if that is true then it would have to be at least 15hp increase. Going from 110mph to 118mph would talke at least 15 hp and that is what Fix said guys are picking up on average, so one of us is wrong here!

They are lying, because I have one and I did not gain near that much, maybe 3-4mph, if I am lucky.

Back