• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Stage II Kit

Liquid Blue

Extreme
I'm seriously considering buying the the Ulmer Stage II kit for my '07 RTX. Feedback from those of you who have installed before I send money Alan's way? I'm looking for a definite plug and play. No time now to mess with tuning. Thanks.

Buddy put one in his rtx and I put one in my warrior, plug and play, both were spot on. Maxdlx

just put mine on this past weekend. went out yesterday on the little snow that i do have and everything is spot on. one of the easiest add ons i have ever dealt with. i have also heard and read on here that Allen is one of the best people around to deal with. go for it.

Response, smoothness and mileage. RPMs are right where he told me they would be and is smooth taking off but yet hard leaving. Very easy to install and customer service that is over the top.

bottlerocket said:
Response, smoothness and mileage. RPMs are right where he told me they would be and is smooth taking off but yet hard leaving. Very easy to install and customer service that is over the top.
Thanks ;)!

Just installed my stage 2 and the bottom and mid range is amazing. I have a little problem with the top end because when i reach max speed the RPMs are only at 10,000. Lost about 4 kph on top. Sent allen a PM and just waiting for a reply.

Any input would be great!

newtron said:
Just installed my stage 2 and the bottom and mid range is amazing. I have a little problem with the top end because when i reach max speed the RPMs are only at 10,000. Lost about 4 kph on top. Sent allen a PM and just waiting for a reply.

I found my rpms are down on top with his kit, 10400- 10500, i tryed stock helix, rpms went back to 10800, any snow cond, stock helix seems to work better for my 06 apex er, with his kit.

Primetime said:
newtron said:

I found my rpms are down on top with his kit, 10400- 10500, i tryed stock helix, rpms went back to 10800, any snow cond, stock helix seems to work better for my 06 apex er, with his kit.

Might have to try that. I thought maybe removing some weight from the tip of the weights, but not to familiar with clutching. Its working backwards compared to the stock clutching.....the stock clutch setup would go to 10,000 when you punch it and then up to 10,600 on top end. If i can get it to hold around 10,500 to 10,800 on top end this would be a good setup.

newtron said:
Primetime said:
newtron said:

Might have to try that. I thought maybe removing some weight from the tip of the weights, but not to familiar with clutching. Its working backwards compared to the stock clutching.....the stock clutch setup would go to 10,000 when you punch it and then up to 10,600 on top end. If i can get it to hold around 10,500 to 10,800 on top end this would be a good setup.
I would first remove your tip weight that will help, then try stock secoundary spring, at 3-3 and if that does not work try stock helix, with stage 2 silver spring at 6-3.

Back