• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Turbo Under Tunnel exhaust??

quadtrac

Veteran
I have a 08 nytro mtx 153 that I want to run an under tunnel exhaust set up with the Ulmer mid mount turbo kit that I have on it. I had a MBRP slip on exhaust that I ran with the sled stock, but I really want to either buy or make something to run it under tunnel. Would it be possible to just remount the MBRP under the tunnel? Also what would happen if I just ran the turbo with nothing after the downpipe, would snow make it bog and plug up? Thanks

Snow will not bog the downtbe where it comes out. Have ran a tunnel dump for many seasons on a front mount with little to no issues. As for the under tunnel idea it is doable. What i would do is make a 90 elbow off of the downtube with a flex joint welded to the heaed for chassis flex and exit the exhaust however you want. It has been done alot actually and is very simple, just have to be creative.

I used a SS J pipe for mine. Made a baffle for the end of it to tone it down a bit. It's quiter than a piped two smoke. I'll post a pic tonight. Summit racing has the J pipes. I bought a 2-1/4 dia. but that was too big for the down tube. It's slightly bigger than 2". If you have a pipe expander you can make the 2" fit nice.

Use V-Band flange couplers once you get the exhaust inside the tunnel to aid in assembly and maintenance later on.

J pipe
PB270039.jpg

Tow- How loud is that?? I have the same setup with a glasspack style muffler at the end and its loud. Granted mine is na...

Well, it's mostly in the deep stuff so it's not too bad. When it's in the shop it is loud but not ear piercing. I took the home made baffle out of the end for one trip and it was louder. I have since welded it in. It's actually not as bad as I would have thought it was going to be.

Well I think Im going to try and run just the downpipe off the turbo unless somebody knows that it will not work.

I think when NW had made these kits up, thats how they were initially run. I have seen a couple kits like this.

Back