• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! 2011 NY Ride.

This is what my backyard looks like right now 1/10/11 at 10:08pm EST.

164023_10150176706318289_658063288_8539313_276308_n.jpg

This is the measurement I took at one of the lower spots in the yard. Total snow ranges from 14" to 18" made up of about 5"-8" or hard packed and 8"-10" of fluff.. This is in Star Lake, Cranberry Lake is 15 miles up the road and they tend to get just a hair more than we do... Never known them to have any less...

I just want everyone to know whats here for snow, it won't be the best conditions but we can make a good ride out of this...

165740_10150176704028289_658063288_8539280_5620039_n.jpg

"LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE"

LETS RIDE!!!!!

We have a Winter Storm Avisory 6-8" for Tuesday afternoon to Wedsday Morning, Looks like we all will get it! Cool, let ride! See ya up there Guys!

Honk said:
"LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE"

LETS RIDE!!!!!

We have a Winter Storm Avisory 6-8" for Tuesday afternoon to Wedsday Morning, Looks like we all will get it! Cool, let ride! See ya up there Guys!

Hopefully that storm keeps everyone else down in your neck of the woods, Honk... I can just imagine what the trails are going to be like this weekend when everyone goes out looking for a place to ride.

Went for a ride today guys and its still not great. There are alot of groomed trails but the snow we got just didn't do much, its all powder. Its still real boney and sections of groomed trail have gravel mixing in from below. There are sections of trail that are good but most is fair and some is poor. The lake is great, I was running all over it today, thats fun but the trails...... Well we'll do what we can I guess... Hope we get some of that snow headed our way tonight and tomorrow...

Wish I had better news guys but I just can't make it snow. Normally this time of year we have a good 3 feet on the ground, this year we struggle to see a foot...

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! I guess it is what it is.

PS. I'll be bringing the snow with me from down south! Gonna be a hectic drive. Might even trailer up and head up north tonight to beat it.

2008FxNytro said:
First tragedy of the ride. Our main man Gordon decided to leave his snowmobile boots at home....

That's sucks, but 3 years ago I lived outside of Philly and was coming up for the first NY TY ride of the year and got almost to Syracuse and something made me think to look in the back seat to see if the coat was there and sure enough....I'd left it home.

Thank god my wife was home and rushed off to the UPS store and overnighted it to the hotel. :o|

Hope you guys have fun. I'll miss riding this year.

I can't ever go on a trip without making at least one stop at a Walmart! It's a good thing they build them on every corner.

I'm disappointed that I'm not riding with you guys. I didn't want to drive 300 miles to ride back and forth across a lake when we're getting good snow here in WNY. Now it looks like the North is getting some good snow too. Maybe I canceled to soon?

Back