• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

upper gear bushing

Are you no longer recommending the SAE660 cast bronze bushing? The specs for it make it appear to be a much better bushing for this application than what the OEM bushing is.

Nope I think it will work just fine if you don’t over tighten the chain.

Nope I think it will work just fine if you don’t over tighten the chain.

I am glad to see that someone else shares my opinion that it is not a lubricating issue but more of an issue with the shock load on the OEM bushing that is causing it to fail.

I am glad to see that someone else shares my opinion that it is not a lubricating issue but more of an issue with the shock load on the OEM bushing that is causing it to fail.
If it shock load you would think the machines with more power or guy on the throttle more would last less?

If it shock load you would think the machines with more power or guy on the throttle more would last less?
It’s too tight chain tension. Post 218

Best I could tell I was setting mine at 1.5 turns out. It was running loose enough the chain chewed a bit of the case in the center.
My upper gear bushing is worn and needs to be replaced. I had one of the gears that was not drilled through the bushing.
Anyone else have chain hitting inner part of chain case? 20190331_101120.jpg

Best I could tell I was setting mine at 1.5 turns out. It was running loose enough the chain chewed a bit of the case in the center.
My upper gear bushing is worn and needs to be replaced. I had one of the gears that was not drilled through the bushing.
Anyone else have chain hitting inner part of chain case?View attachment 148131
Yup and after time it can actually go far enough the screw shows.

Besides wear of the bushing apon inspection. Is there any tell tale signs while riding? Like vibrations, track lock up, etc. Just curious so I know what to look for.
Thanks

Besides wear of the bushing apon inspection. Is there any tell tale signs while riding? Like vibrations, track lock up, etc. Just curious so I know what to look for.
Thanks
No not that I noticed. If mine ever ground the gears even if just for a Millisecond I would be inspecting right away.

I have my Viper apart right now and have the same rub mark. I run my chain about 1.25 turns. when I put it back together with cover off going to set chain then.

Beginning of year I had found that my chain case had cracks on the ears were the cover attaches. Dealer replaced chain case, put it together and never tightened the chain it was all the way out, never touching on the inside.i never checked , can’t see it . Well now end of year I opened up and found no chain tension at all, it was held back by all spring tension, the middle case had that normal wear, I found nothing wrong , upper gear, chain etc. I ran 1500 miles this year with it like that never noticed noise ,vibration or anything, I run 270 hurricane. 21/41 gears, couldn’t find anything wrong, I didn’t replace top gear looked good, Still can’t believe it, did have no wear on it, 3 hole gear. If you want it right do it yourself if your capable.

Great to hear this.....I would have no problem trying a Cat 998 next if I came across a good deal ect. I know the TEAM clutches dont rattle like my "diesel" Yam..lol . I do feel the TEAM does not grab as hard on take-off, it actually burns the belt when on pavement or trailer loading ect. Do Cat setups still need to be shimmed like I did with my 2012?

Also, with that tall gearing...are you guys doing ok with belt life? 112 belt or 827Ultimax?

If the darn 2020 Tcat spindles weren't so ugly Id grab one of them I think for the price...heck maybe I will just replace or PC them black....ahh decisions decisions!

Dan
Theres something wrong with your clutch set up if it burns the belt off the start have you tried out the new srx yet?

Fairly common with the 21/41 set up. Non existent with 24/50. A larger gear set up with the same ratio is in order from the factory. 23/44?

Back