• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Use stock belt or aftermarket belt

auto385

With so many belts available, is the stock Yamy belt still the best. I had mine blow up at 1500miles. It made a huge mess and created an oil leak from the crank. Would a G/Y Gatorback be better?

or phazer belt,its a tad longer and a tad wider,it doesnt squeal when you install it plus its cheaper,been using that belt since o7,first on the warrior and now on the vec,over 10 000 trail miles with no problems

I tried a so called "indestructable" belt on my turbo rx-1. I blew 2 of them in the first 400 miles, called Justin Fuller @ full power performance (the man who did my turbo) and told him about my problems... He suggested some adjustments and then I told him I was using a non oem belt... He scolded me and told me NEVER run anything but the oem belt on a yamaha, he said they are by far the best belt for these sleds.. I bought an oem 8dn belt and ran it the rest of the season (1800 miles) and never had another problem.. and it was $12 cheaper than the aftermarket belts I was running...

Can't beat the stocker for durability but I've been running the Calisle Ultimax 3. It seems to have a little better performance but shorter life than stock.
Can't beat getting them replaced free under warranty. I'll blow about one belt per season but have yet had them give me one ounce of problem replacing them. I think I've sent back three of them in the last four years and not one problem.
One of them was a replacement they sent me. I blew it about two months after I got it (my fault not theirs). I just put the warranty card, the invoice, a check for the return shipping, and got a new belt in a couple weeks.

Back