• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Using or blowing off lots of antifreeze?????

Well, put in a rear heat exchanger and my overheating problems are over, doesn't blow out antifreeze any more.

sledheadgeorge said:
Skydog said:
5 lbs REg fuel
8lbs race fuel

I think i will stay at these boost levels.

Skydog

Hold that though.................................won't last long.LOLOL :ORC
The need for more will slowlly creap up on you to pass that 200hp threshold and then one day when no one else is around.........................you crank up that boost, ever so slightly, just to see what that extra 2 to 4 lbs will do.LOL ;)!

Well 2.5 gals of fuel and i have been to 13PSI HAAAHAA You right!!! MORE MORE!! LaLaLa ;)! :Rockon: :drink:

Now I'm having this @£$@£€ problem with pushing antifreeze, it started after 1000 kms of trouble free riding. It was fine until I did a few back to back pulls at the drag strip going 660 ft at 16 lbs of boost. I haven't found out where the anti is going yet. I made a overflow bottle to collect any that is going out the overflow line to see if that equals the amount I have to refill.

If the head gaskets are shot and combustion gases are leaking into the coolant system, what would happen with the anti?

rxrider if you didn't put the heavy duty head studs in, you need too. The 10-1 pistons are enough with one headgasket. The stock head studs are one time use and not made for a TURBO.

rxrider
Go to Napa and get the head gasket checker kit. Takes all the guess work out! Best of luck to you man!

Skydog

Thank you guys - Where do I get the head studs?

Skydog said:
http://www.arrowheadradiator.com/head_gasket_or_combustion_leak_test.htm

Thanks for the link.

adirondac blue said:
rxrider if you didn't put the heavy duty head studs in, you need too. The 10-1 pistons are enough with one headgasket. The stock head studs are one time use and not made for a TURBO.

I am thinking about going to a single head gasket, should I use a stock yamaha head gasket? I have the gasket that came with the Wiseco 10:1 piston kit, I may use that one.

What is your compression level? What fuel would you recommend running at 10:1 compression?

rxrider said:
I am thinking about going to a single head gasket, should I use a stock yamaha head gasket? I have the gasket that came with the Wiseco 10:1 piston kit, I may use that one.

What is your compression level? What fuel would you recommend running at 10:1 compression?
I have two yam.gaskets and 10:1 pistons,works allright with our 98 oct.
But I´ve been running on the edge of meltdown since I got the motor to run perfectly yesterday.It launched like a dragsled and pulled harder and harder,felt like 3-4 sec to 100 mph.

Boostmeter has never showed more than 1 bar(14 lbs)low or highboost,changed to another accurate one,ducttaped to the handlebar,and now it showed 1,4 bar (20lbs)...I allways have thought that this thing is scareyingly fast...

doing wheelies with 1 bar and 26-38 gearing :o| :o| :o|

Tonight Im gonna turn down the boost to12 on low and 18 on high...

The motor can obviouslly take this kind of beating on pumpgas,amazing is the word. ;)!

PS The coolanttank was almost empty after a 50 mile trip.

I will look into the leaking of antifreeze tomorrow. If the leaking is caused by faulty head gaskets I will go with 2 stock gaskets. I will install another boost meter to check the one I got for it's accuracy. And then turn up the boost some more. Only 7 weeks left until trails are closing down, not much time to wrench, it's time to ride.

Back