• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper suspension adjustment

Actually the DX was designed to be plush. The lighter torsions will help. Switching to the 2” rear will help also. Get from 2016 ltx. Better Valving ALMOST as good as my Valving. If those springs still don’t do it the SRX springs will. As matter of fact I would just do that right away. Can always make them stiffer. Also where is your transfer blocks set?
Mine are set with the biggest gap to couple later don’t know what number that is. With our older yamahas that was the way to go for a softer ride .

That has already been done, along with the BOP front tunnel saver plates. Also did the BOP driveshaft saver wedge when I serviced the driveshaft bearing this season, which I think is also a must-do...

Actually the DX was designed to be plush. The lighter torsions will help. Switching to the 2” rear will help also. Get from 2016 ltx. Better Valving ALMOST as good as my Valving. If those springs still don’t do it the SRX springs will. As matter of fact I would just do that right away. Can always make them stiffer. Also where is your transfer blocks set?
Enjoying this thread & after a few years reading threads etc. planning to do some updates on my 2015 LTX DX rear suspension. 68 yrs, 185 lbs. 2000 miles per year trail. I have a whopping 2" of sag. Rear shock was serviced Jan. 2023. Using Stingray center spring tightened so there is no slack. Talking with my shock guy in Garson, Manitoba and planning to revalve center shock differently and install a Fox 2.0 ZERO QS3. The 8639-320 is the model # used in some Arctic Cats. Looking for thoughts and ideas if this shock will fit along with the 2016 lighter torsion springs to give me a more supple and cushier ride.

Thanks folks and have a great day

Back