• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Turbo at Hay Days from MPI

matt@mpi said:
We've started building the first batch about a week ago. This is a small batch for us but we'll ramp up in about a week and start building batches about twice this size. One of the things we've learned from building kits for Yamaha is how to build in large production runs. Most of these are committed to customers and industry people.

80turbos-small_zps95c3de0d.jpg

Matt I will take the 3rd one from the left 4th row WOW that is impressive. Talke to you yesterday and signed up to get mine installed as soon as they are available. Thanks for all your help.

Matt, the kit looks awesome. I love that you are showing the details of what goes into this kit. I hope to install a few this winter for some customers!

This is what a completed kit looks like ready to ship. This is how you'll get the kit, everything is bagged and labeled. The turbo assembly will come just like the photo. Ready to bolt in. I'll have photos of the fully installed kit in a couple of days into a production sled. Blue and White anyone?

viperkit1_zps29194c9f.jpg

viperkit_zpsffe62a6d.jpg

viperkit2_zpsddcad516.jpg

Kit looks beautiful why ruin it with a gems controller? I would gladly pay a little more for a better controller I've been down this road before with my MPI S/C kit

I agree with Stone. Make something else like PC V optional at least.

We have used Gems and it was ok but others are much better.

MPI does build a great kit.

Almost a work of Art. ;)!

Riceburner said:
I agree with Stone. Make something else like PC V optional at least.

We have used Gems and it was ok but others are much better.

MPI does build a great kit.

Almost a work of Art. ;)!

From what I have heard, the amount of time they have spent on this kit, the GEMS controller should be spot on for the low boost application.

Ulmer Racing is offering the MPI turbo kit for the SR Viper as well and we will be working with sea level clutching and also will give the Power Commander V PTI unit on it as well. Call us to discuss if you'd like. 605-387-2833 or Srxspec@Gwtc.net

I can't wait to get my Viper!! Now I'm more excited with the turbo! Thanks Matt for all of your pictures on this site as well as the ones you have sent me! You have helped make the over 4000 dollar decision very easy. For those of you that have never talked to Matt or his crew, they are very helpful and seem just as excited as we are! This set up will rock and I can't wait for the Viper and the turbo to be sitting in my garage!!! Soon soon. Thanks again Matt for all your help and time on the phone!!!

kennyspec said:
Does the oil return from the turbo use a pump?

Nope. No need for an oil pump on this kit. Where we mounted the turbo the oil can drain back to the motor without any problems.

Matt

Hurry up man !! I want to lay my turbo on the shop floor where it goes in the outline of the sled drawn on the floor. I already have the evol shocks, tunnel bag, tether swith, flex skis and hand guards in place -

I am building this thing one part at a time. :jump:

Back