• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VX1R: 136" Apex/Updated pics of NEW BLUE VX1R

1CrazySledder said:
Nice job. Now, I have to rip my sled all apart and start over. lol

Is Max. Performance around anymore? Can't find a web site. I also looked at CME for that rear bumper and they don't have it on their site? I suppose I could build the same thing myself, tho.

Are thise A-arms chromoly or aluminum? I was thinking about adding a wider kit on mine as well, but I am afraid it will be harder to tip while I am carving?

Awesome job. tho.

Like Familyman said, we should get all our custom sleds together, at keast for a ride. I could just see the gaukers. lmao....

-Vince

I must have had a "senior momement" when I typed in Maxximum Performance regarding the A-arms and Ohlins shocks. I just edited the post and put in the corrected info. The Ohlins shocks and A-arms are from PIONEER Performance. I guess I still think of Bruce Schrader at Maxximum and not Pioneer, even though it's been years since he moved to Pioneer. You're right, Maxximum is no more. Those A-arms are on the Pioneer web site and are made of chromolly. There's no doubt that a wider front end will hinder your ability to tip the sled in deep snow. This sled is a trail pounder and corner carver, so wide is good. You'd have to call CMX and ask them about the rear bumper, it's not a standard item for them to sell.

Thanks for all of the positive comments so far. I'm surprised that no one has commented on the Totallyamaha logo on the windshield and side panels yet. A Yamaha sled isn't stylin' unless it's got a TY logo you know. ;)! I hope to hook up with any TY members who are at Hay Days this weekend at the Yamaha booth at 2:00 Saturday.

Kool. Thanks for the info. I think I am just going to design, cut and tig my own. It just seems easier. It's what I do for a living anyways..lol

I'll be by to check out the sled this weekend, hopefully you are around. See ya at the Yamaha Tent at 2PM anyway....

I had to go back to see the TY logo. It should have been the biggest.....lol

-Vince

god dam, u throw some nice sleds together, how much do u have invested in each sled

To all the guys from TY who wanted to see the sled this weekend at Hay Days..........I forgot to de-activate the cloaking device on the sled. It was on display but you just couldn't see it.

Actually some unforseen circumstances prevented the sled from getting up to the RoxSpeedFX booth until Sunday afternoon. Sorry to have told so many of you guys to check it out earlier in the weekend.

It was great meeting so many TY members this weekend and to hear your comments on the SRX that I had with me. It looks like there's still a whole bunch of SRX fans out there.

I'll post some more pics of the VX1R in the future when I've got everything completed.

Don

Ok boomer, will your next project sled have a blower or nos?

We fans would like to know.

WOW AWESOME

"Work of art"

That is the nicest custom and still SANE sled I have ever seen. I would never part with it.

Yamadoo

What I want to know is how do yu ever part with sleds. This one is my favorite so far. You are truly a masterful creator. Maxdlx

I'm jealous...

Back