• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VX1R: 136" Apex/Updated pics of NEW BLUE VX1R

Thanks guys for all of your comments, I appreciate them. I can't wait for snow and to try this sled out. I'm anxious to see how the 136" ProActive CK skid will work in comparision to the 136" mono skid in my wife's Attak.

I wanted this sled to be able to take a really good pounding on rough trails and felt that a 136" torsion spring skid with a few mods would be the way to go. It will be interesting to see if Yamaha comes out with a 136" torsion spring skid in any models next season. I'm hoping that with the Ohlins shocks and titanium springs in this skid it will get the job done. I'm also curious to see how the new Fox Float Evol shocks will work out on the front.

I've had a few guys contact me as to where I got the custom 136" rails made. They're from Ice Age Mfg. in Roseau, MN. You can contact Mike Johnson at 218-463-5080. I had these rails made to allow me to use 8" rear wheels with the stock rear axle.

I'm waiting for the light weight Hindle exhaust set up from the Custom Sled Shop to come available soon. Once I get that installed there's just a few other small mods to finish up and the sled will be ready to hit the snow. I really expect the weight of this sled to come in right about the same weight as the new Nytro's.

Someone asked if my next project will have NOS or a blower; well since it's going to be based on a SnoScoot............. probably not. But it might have a pipe!

bert said:
how much the rails?

:4STroke:

I've had a few guys contact me as to where I got the custom 136" rails made. They're from Ice Age Mfg. in Roseau, MN. You can contact Mike Johnson at 218-463-5080. I had these rails made to allow me to use 8" rear wheels with the stock rear axle.

:yam: very nice don, your attention to detail is awsome, labor of love right?? pray for snow and lets ride.......

I think you deserve an award for the awesome job you done...where can i see the pictures of your srx you customised?

Thanks for the recent comments. I finally had a chance to get the sled out on the snow for the first time last weekend to do some fine tuning on the clutching and suspension.

I'm really impressed so far with the ride and handling of the sled. The 136" ProActive skid is working out great. This thing seems to be very responsive. I've got it set up to really hop over the bumps, and it's a blast to be able to launch over the bumps. So far it feels a lot lighter than a typical Apex based sled when hitting the bumps.

I'm actually working on another version of a VX1R. My wife's Attak is being transformed into a blue version. This one will be equipped with a Monoshock instead of the ProActive skid. I'm still waiting for the custom rails on that sled. Once it's completed I'll post up some pics of both sleds.

gormleyflyer2002 said:
the rox riser is black........? can't seem to find one fo those...??

love your sled, you do some fine work.

I had the Rox riser anodized black. Rox only sells the riser in natural aluminum. I really like the adjustability of their risers.

Thanks for your compliments on the sled.

VERY SWEET RIDE :Rockon:

I really like all the small detail work you did, as I know all this stuff takes time and you want to get out and test out what you have created. That White SRX in your Avator is still one of my favorites :-o

What are the chances of coming to the TY Give away ride at the end of the month?

Back