• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VX1R: 136" Apex/Updated pics of NEW BLUE VX1R

nate007 said:
What are the chances of coming to the TY Give away ride at the end of the month?

I'd really like to make it, but with my current schedule I can't make a commitment to go until next week. My riding buddy and I made 1/2 of the TY Houghton ride last month, and I'd love to hook up and ride with the guys again. If I do make it up, it would be with the VX1R.

Re: seat

summitking said:
thats a wicked looking sled . just wondering what rear shock is that?

Summitking....

That rear shock is a Ohlins YA648. It comes valved with the European specs instead of the US specs.

The European spec shocks have stiffer compression valving set up more for the bumps vs. the US valving set up more for groomed trails.

I picked up the Ohlins shocks through Pioneer Performance.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm just putting the finishing touches on VX1R number two, that one is Yamaha blue.

Blown Concepts in the Minneapolis area designed the graphics on the sled. Here's a link to their website: http://www.blownconcepts.com/

How has the ride, etc been on this sled. Thinking of doing one myself now! It looks great.

Im after seeing your two sled-tech articles, and am blown away each time. i love building the older iron as well like you. I have my old 99 zr7 keeping pace with F1000s and plan on extending to 136" as well...you do totally quality work! super thumbs up!

Srxspec said:
How has the ride, etc been on this sled. Thinking of doing one myself now! It looks great.

Allen.......

The only riding I've done so far with the VX1R is doing some clutch testing on a pretty smooth field, and a short shot of ditch riding. Not much of place to make any real judgements on the way it rides/handles yet. From the bumps that I've hit so far, it rides like I expected it to. Nice and predictable, and squirts over the top of the bumps.

I'll be heading over to the Keweenaw area of the UP Feb. 21-23 to do some real trail riding with the sled. After that weekend I should have a pretty fair idea of how it rides and handles. I'll be spending a full week riding in March. We'll have my wifes Monoshock equiped VX1R to compare how each sled rides. I'll post up the results.

So far I think the 136" torsion spring skid does a pretty good job for this sleds intended purpose.

zrnewf said:
Im after seeing your two sled-tech articles, and am blown away each time. i love building the older iron as well like you. I have my old 99 zr7 keeping pace with F1000s and plan on extending to 136" as well...you do totally quality work! super thumbs up!

Hey zrnewf........

Thanks for the comments. I agree that it's pretty cool to update some of the older iron to keep up with the new stuff. Those ZR7's were cutting edge sleds in their day, and with their power to weight ratio, I can see them keeping up with the F1000's.

Post up some pictures of your ZR project after you're done with it. Even though we're on TY, I don't think there's any rules for posting pictures of a stray Cat.

Im heading up to the U P next week, soo to ironwood and back but thats another story. I
would love to see pictures of your SRX. I have
a 98 and love it to death even though its BLOWN
UP right now. left cyl. again. taking rx1 north

HEAVYD said:
Im heading up to the U P next week, soo to ironwood and back but thats another story. I
would love to see pictures of your SRX. I have
a 98 and love it to death even though its BLOWN
UP right now. left cyl. again. taking rx1 north

That sounds like a pretty good ride that you've got planned, running the whole length of the UP.

You just might be able to hook up with some fellow TY members next week while you're in the western part of the UP. Here's a couple of links to some threads regarding some of us who will be in the area Feb. 21-24:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=54164

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=54898

ha ha

no thats for sure. I need to find a good tunnel extension for mine....I want something good looking not like the boxy one...and then a boss seat too required purchases.

vx, 445 miles one way. we did it last year in Feb.
was a blast so we have to do it again. Ill keep my
eyes peeled for that red and white thing. how about
those pics of that S R X

Back