• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Want HOT hands?..It can be done!!! EDITED FIRST POST

Daranello said:
what do guys do with 2007 sleds???

well any of the guys with 07s and 08s already have the harness on your sleds....so all you need is the 06bars with grips.

many many dealers MIGHT have the take offs from all the updates they performed....or try ebay.

Dan

Daranello said:

Find bars from the 06s. I personally don't think the 07 bars are that bad (maybe I got a good set?) and when riding in temps 10-15 degrees farenheit I have to turn them down and sometimes off. On the real cold days I run them on the highest setting and although they are not hot by any means, they make my hands warm enough. I would do the mod except I really like the warmer all the way through the bar, and I like how the 07 bars are a little skinnier than the 06s.

jwifferdill said:
Daranello said:

Find bars from the 06s. I personally don't think the 07 bars are that bad (maybe I got a good set?) and when riding in temps 10-15 degrees farenheit I have to turn them down and sometimes off. On the real cold days I run them on the highest setting and although they are not hot by any means, they make my hands warm enough. I would do the mod except I really like the warmer all the way through the bar, and I like how the 07 bars are a little skinnier than the 06s.

This all depends on how tall your windshield is, what kind of gloves you have, if you are cold or warm blooded, if you run a handle bar riser, etc etc..

I have a 2 inch riser, this puts the handle bars above the windshield, the 07 bars are just slightly better than the stock setup.. but i can tell you right now that the 06 bars with the 07 wiring is 10 times HOTTER than stock..

I rode last night,, it was 20 above 0 and i couldnt believe how hot the suckers get,, i didnt need to go above 4 bars.. and eventually had to turn them down to 2 bars..

Still had a problem with the tops of my hands getting cold.. so i had to put the guantlets back on..

Time for a taller windshield.. just gotta keep the wind off my hands..

I too froze my hands this weekend 2 degrees outside -15 on the lake. I have an 06 Nytro and the handwarmers were bad. I did the free upgrade to the 07 hand warmers, they seemed to work better, until this weekend, they are just as bad as the 06 handwarmers. When I took my sled in for the 2007 handwarmers upgrade the dealer kept my 06 handwarmers, because they said it was a warranty issue. Should they have given them back to me? Where can I purchase 06 handwarmers? I will try to foam the insides first to see if that helps. I know some of the questions are repeated but i do not want to search thru 500 posts to find my answer.

homer2210 said:
I too froze my hands this weekend 2 degrees outside -15 on the lake. I have an 06 Nytro and the handwarmers were bad. I did the free upgrade to the 07 hand warmers, they seemed to work better, until this weekend, they are just as bad as the 06 handwarmers. When I took my sled in for the 2007 handwarmers upgrade the dealer kept my 06 handwarmers, because they said it was a warranty issue. Should they have given them back to me? Where can I purchase 06 handwarmers? I will try to foam the insides first to see if that helps. I know some of the questions are repeated but i do not want to search thru 500 posts to find my answer.

you should have got your original bars back,dealer took you.

some guys with 07s have bought 06 bars used here....look around,you need the bars with grips from 06 apexs...then plug em into your 07 harness which you already have.

foaming doesnt do much at all....i tried it.

Dan

The mod works great, but I was riding in below zero temps in the UP over the weekend and my hands were nice and toasty but my finger tips would get cold. If I change over to my mittens for about 10 minutes until my fingers get nice and warm and then change back to my gloves, everything is good until I stop and take the gloves off and then I have to start the procedure all over again. I think if I could find gloves that had more insulation in the tips I would be all set.

Go back to the dealer and get your old bars back.. He has no reason to keep them.. and im sure he still has them..

I know this has probably already been discussed but I am new to this site and new to Yamaha! I just bought 2 07 Apex GTs. The heated grips suck. To make a long story short, the better half rolled hers the other day and bent the handlebars. I ordered new bars and got what I believe is the "06" upgrade bars. They came with some sort of double-plug pigtail that my origional bar doesn't have. Does this convert my 07 bar to parallel? And will this keep my cold fingers warm? Thanks! Mark.......

I thought the 07's already had the conversion. The
06 bars are very different from the conversion bars.
They were bigger in diameter and didnt have heat wrapped on the hooks.

flyingpig said:
That may be but like I said, I'm new to this whole issue. I guess what I'm asking is, I have 07's and the heaters suck. I just spent $150 to replace a bent handlebar. What do I have to do to get warm hands? Thanks

mbro223 said:
flyingpig said:
That may be but like I said, I'm new to this whole issue. I guess what I'm asking is, I have 07's and the heaters suck. I just spent $150 to replace a bent handlebar. What do I have to do to get warm hands? Thanks
You need the 06 bars with the 07 harness that you got with your replacement 07 bars. The bent bars should also aready have the harness. So, all you should be missing is the 06 bars.

guys....READ the FIRST POST i posted a year ago!....its alot easier then asking repetative questions.....

i realize this thread is a zillion pages long,but all you do is read first post...and do EXACTLY what we all have done.

Dan

HANDLE BARS

hey rocker dan. i switched my o7 bars to the o6 bars last night. get so so hot on 2 bars . i was afraid to go any higher in the bars on the dash. also i developed a burble in the throttle when i switched . the sled was inside for a hour could it just be condensation or could it be the bars screwing with the ecm? any ideas?

Re: HANDLE BARS

DANX123 said:
hey rocker dan. i switched my o7 bars to the o6 bars last night. get so so hot on 2 bars . i was afraid to go any higher in the bars on the dash. also i developed a burble in the throttle when i switched . the sled was inside for a hour could it just be condensation or could it be the bars screwing with the ecm? any ideas?

out of the hundreds of people who have done this,there hasnt been a single issue we know of....

if your sled isnt running right,i would start another thread on exactly what is going on with it....

I would run a tank of fuel thru it first,to be sure its ok.

Dan

Back