• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the best full face helmet?

coyotekid said:
Has anyone tried the HJC IS-Max? It seems that lots of people like the Mod II. How do they run for size, are they pretty true? Thanks for the input.

The Mod II is true to size, in my estimation. I usually wear a Large size helmet, and a large Mod II fits me perfect, just perfect. But I still first went to the dealer and tried one on before I ordered one over the internet (and saved over $200!). I know, quite evil of me. But my dad has spent so much money at that Ski Doo dealership I didn't feel too bad....

But to answer your question -- yes, Mod II's run true to size (IMO)...

I am intrigued by the Klim F4 helmet because I've heard so many good things about them. I tried one of those on, and an XL seemed pretty snug, they are small. But my Mod II is fairly new, so I can't justify a new helmet for aa few years.

Good luck!

Mike

mntvipermn said:
I am intrigued by the Klim F4 helmet because I've heard so many good things about them. I tried one of those on, and an XL seemed pretty snug, they are small. But my Mod II is fairly new, so I can't justify a new helmet for aa few years.

Good luck!

Mike

Yes the F4's fit goofy, I had to buy different pads and do a "hybrid" pad set up, I believe I have 2x head pads and 3x cheek pads, with all 2x it made me have fish lips and that wasn't a pretty site, but aside from that I love the helmet, though the fins in the back are prone to breaking, got one broke on mine, but my Klim dealers says they have updated replacements for them. hopefully under warranty.

The best helmet I have had is my TXi from Arctic Cat...no fogging, has a little visor for sun, relatively light...I had a modular for a couple of seasons and hated it after the first season...convinient..yes...heavy when your sitting with the face up...YES,,,I had a sore neck after every ride. I have heard that if you ride in really cold weather with the BVS , when you open up the face after riding...it will freeze and not seal properly when you go to close it up ( had 2 guys tell me this )

shaddow44 said:
The best helmet I have had is my TXi from Arctic Cat...no fogging, has a little visor for sun, relatively light...I had a modular for a couple of seasons and hated it after the first season...convinient..yes...heavy when your sitting with the face up...YES,,,I had a sore neck after every ride. I have heard that if you ride in really cold weather with the BVS , when you open up the face after riding...it will freeze and not seal properly when you go to close it up ( had 2 guys tell me this )

ridden in -40c and never had the problem....in colder weather you have to push down hard to seal it shut

The Klim F4 for me - had an HJC that worked well for years, but the Klim blows it away. It is lighter, has better venting, and with the two separate liners you have a warm/cold weather helmet.

tk

I'm going for a Troy Lee Designs helmet, just because it so damn cool ;-) With a pair of Oakley Crowbar MX goggles.

I've been using the mod 2 for two years now. I really like this helmet. I had a little issue with the mask sealing but after I fixed it I never had a problem. This is the best helmet I've found for the cold northern rides. No fogging.

The best Helmet I have ever used is the BV2S, it may not be the lightest though? I personlly am not bothered by the weight but you had mentioned you wanted something light.

Good luck!

BV2S gets my vote also. I have never been happier with a helmet in 30 years of riding.

I wear glasses when I ride ( 64 ) and the Doo Mod helmets are very user friendly if you wear glasses. I had the Mod 1, and last year got the Mod 2, never had either one fog up on me, riding in northern Mi. and in the UP.

stopdropanroll said:
Make sure you get double pane lenses, as the single ones will fog and freeze.

Oh yeah, will use double pane blue iridium lens ;)!

Back