• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What performance mods are you doing, or are you keeping her stock?

I'm curious what everyone is doing to their Sidewinders

• Nothing. Keeping her Stock

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Studs

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Pre-studded track

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Muffler

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • ECU Flashed

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Fuel Programmer

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Clutching

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Gearing

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Changing Ski's

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Intake

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
If they have the dyno sheets to back it up I'll have a set!

Not entirely but according to the chart on their website they do. If not, i'll figure something else out.

Just ordered. We'll know next week if they fit.

I ran into the same issue trying to buy dual carbides, they were listed but when received didn't fit. They are currently developing a new set for the ski and will swap them for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know how you like that track. I was thinking of going that route but my dealer talked me out of it.
I had buddy's running them on boosted turbo cats have no worries about reliability. I'm not a line em up and race kinda guy more a power trail runner.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

You aren't gonna gain 20 hp to the track with a stock ecu & muffler & just clutching, just won't happen. If you gain 5 hp to the track over box stock, just by changing clutching, you will be doing good. The advantage of aftermarket clutching will be harnessing the extra horsepower correctly (muffler & tune).

"Claiming" is the word I would pay attention too....
We never claimed 20HP at the track. We said 10HP at the track during acceleration a few more peak HP.

Here is the dyno sheet.

Bottom line is stock weights... Lines above are with the new clutch weights (This is Ecotrail and the red line is the same muffler (Super Quiet), the highest line is with a Turbo Force muffler.
Much cleaner natural acceleration line as well with the new weights

Attachments

• 15055857_1292103060863117_2020045275271448666_n (2).jpg
    15055857_1292103060863117_2020045275271448666_n (2).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 140
I'm curious what mods are you all doing, and how many are going to keep her stock?
Mighty.......Great thread.

Since you started this thread I'm sure that we're all curious as to what mods you're planning for your new SideWinder.

With your previous ProCross experience I'd like to know what you've got planned to improve on the Yamacat platform.

Mighty.......Great thread.

Since you started this thread I'm sure that we're all curious as to what mods you're planning for your new SideWinder.

With your previous ProCross experience I'd like to know what you've got planned to improve on the Yamacat platform.
Studs ands ski's right now. I have an OSP Muffler but am waiting for more results on the Fuel programmer. I'm concerned about voiding the warranty with an ecu flash. I'm also waiting for more feedback on clutching and intakes

Mighty..........I'm with you concerning voiding the warranty. I'm going to sit tight this season with the stock motor/intake/exhaust/ecu and see what I can wring out of the rest of what they gave us.

I think I'll be happy with the HP that they gave us and will build from there. This will be my first turbo sled so we'll see how it goes. What's the old saying........."Enjoy in moderation". We'll see how that goes this year.

I've got a few mods in store to change the looks of the sled along with improving the ride and handling, ergos, and putting more power down to the track:

Adjustable handlebar riser
Handguards
Running board traction
Custom wrap
Front bumper
Wide stance a-arms
Upgraded shock package
Adjustable transfer block
Dupont hyfax
Upgraded skis
Deeper lug track
4 wheel rear axle kit
Clutch kit

Last edited:
Keep in mind even a piggyback leaves trails in the ecu. Even just adding a muffler still leave traces... Overboosting even a little will raise a red flag.

We have to trust this motor is reliable if planning to mod. So far ive been impressed with this powerplant we will keep on adding aggressive trail miles to test the durability for you guys.

Hurricane is claiming the 20 hp gain sorry for including you on that I thought TD posted that as well thank you TD for posting real proof to back your products that means a lot.

Back