• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What skis are you Apex Mountainer's running?

alaskanbowtie said:
BlgsRX-1mtn said:
I don't know how they'll work on the APEX but I am switching to a new ski a friend of mine sells. They are made by PPD out of Canada. I don't have them in possetion or I wouls get some pics up for you guys but here is the skinny on them; They are 7" wide, 2 lbs lighter than simmons and have a tri-keel design. You have three carbides (two on the edge like simmons & one in the middle like a stock ski.

You are able to get marbled black-red,green,yellow,blue also offered in white. I should have the skis sometime (marbled black/red) late next month and will get some close up pics on here. Here is the only pic from PPD's web site which only shows the ski tip.

Jim
>>>>
any more info on the ski's you mentioned or a link to the web page?

The website doesn't have any info on the skis other than the one picture. The site is www.ppdgroup.com though. My friend (owner of Cooke City Sinclair) sells them but he is on vacation in Hawaii at this time and won't be back until late this month. Give bigbull a pm; he has them on his APEX mtn. Here is a link to a picture of his sled. www.ty4stroke.com/download.php?id=20528

Jim

have any of you notcied the stock skies realy push in deep or soft sticky snow? this is what mine does. i think the mounts are placed to far back on the ski. was also thinking about geting the slp powder pro's ski.

running simmons with the little deflect shields on them(not the gay powder wings) and i've got 1000 km's on my sled and prob could go another 500 with the stock sliders. between them and scratchers it's the way to go. i'm riding with simmons, don't mind them. it does seem harder to steer on hardpack, nothing i can't handle though.

I have simmons on and I don't really like them all that much....they seem to make the apex steer harder in spring like condtions. I have'nt tried the stock skis yet, but I think it would be better.

Tried the stock skis first, then Simmons, then Slydog Powderhounds. The Powderhounds will remain on for next winter!!

Srxspec said:
Tried the stock skis first, then Simmons, then Slydog Powderhounds. The Powderhounds will remain on for next winter!!

Between the stock and simmons which worked better?

I actually liked the stock skis better than the Simmons. Like you said, the Simmons seemed to make the turning very tough!

Finally got back to Cooke City to pick up the skis for both my sleds. They are PPD skis(model X-MT). I haven't put them on the sled yet but here's some pitures of the skis.

Jim

Attachments

• PPD X-MT Bottom.jpg
    PPD X-MT Bottom.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 128
  • PPD X-MT Keel.jpg
    PPD X-MT Keel.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 115
  • PPD X-MT Side View.jpg
    PPD X-MT Side View.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 126
  • PPD X-MT skis.jpg
    PPD X-MT skis.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 133
tfryer said:
hmm...those look kind kool, do u know of any other dealer's that sell them??

I sure don't know of anybody else. I know bigbull runs them on his Apex. He is from Spokane, WA. My friend Steve in Cooke City does have a secure online store at his web site. Just go to www.cookecitysinclair.com and send him an e-mail about them. Tell him Jim Butcher in Billings, MT gave you the link. He would probably be able to get a set ordered to ship directly to you, to cut out the extra cost of the middle man. You just give him your info/address, pay him (marbled are $390 and the solid are $370 with everything included) and he sends the money to the distributor. I got the marbled for $370 a pair because he needed to sell the RMK kit I ordered to another customer (RMK kit will ship directly to me now).

Jim

Back