• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's going on here? Center shock...and front shocks?

Okay so I tightened up the limiter strap and I was only able to back of the spring about 1/4" down the length of the threads.

I was going to loosen my front springs a bit to soften up the ride and the same thing is apparent.

2nd photo shows as loose as I can go without the spring flapping around, and 1st photo shows how much extra (unusable) threads there are.

IS THIS NORMAL?

Attachments

• 2011-01-01_11-28-44_936_KPT.jpg
    2011-01-01_11-28-44_936_KPT.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 2011-01-01_11-30-13_780_KPT.jpg
    2011-01-01_11-30-13_780_KPT.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 47
Careful on the fronts(a-arm springs). I had mine loose to help it 'roll' and turn better and when i got new skis and tightened it back up, i jacked it up and to my surprise the springs were about a half inch from the collar! Beyond loose!

pull the limiter stap in one hole from stock - center shock i run 1.5 turns from when the spring starts to compress. for big guys run the torsion springs on the heavy setting and adjust your shock starter from full soft. i did this on my 07 fx and now on my rtx and it gets it good on the trail. i've tried other combinations but you have to compress the front shock and let the rear springs do the work.

^^^They don't work worth a crap like that though. I was looking at that too. Even my dealer told me to throw that out.

Yes normal.Think of it this way.If it were just the cam style adjuster it only has a range of about a inch.You get a little more plus can be fine tuned much better.A coil spring is also going to be more progressive with less preload on it.So if spring is to soft you really should go with a heavier rate spring rather than add preload.

Mike it also looks like your compression clickers are almost all the way in.For softer ride try going out on them.Also looks like you dont have the front update for snow/ice in steering.

Thanks Cannondale! You answered one of my questions I have been wondering about...

Compression damper - counterclockwise to soften ride

Rebound damper - ??? does what?

Also is rear shock damper on FX a compression damper?

Thanks so much

PS - Never had iced up steering, what is the update?

Yes counterclockwise to soften ride.Rebound controls how fast shock returns.It also does have effect on compression but less so than compression adjuster at top.Yes on FX it is a compression adjuster.

Steering update installs some rubber pucks and shielding braces to try to keep ice out of steering mechanism along with a bunch of other things including the airfilter clip update and bolt tightening.Its free and should be on your records if you check with a dealer.

Back