• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where are the red ones?

Just picked up my dads LTX, asked the dealer where my Red LTX is and they told me they haven't seen a red one yet. Ran out back of their shop to air up a tire and there is one in a crate! Went back in and now their telling me its a demo sled! Really!!! Since when do floor models show up before customer sleds. Absolutely disgusted right now!

Yamacat21 said:
Just picked up my dads LTX, asked the dealer where my Red LTX is and they told me they haven't seen a red one yet. Ran out back of their shop to air up a tire and there is one in a crate! Went back in and now their telling me its a demo sled! Really!!! Since when do floor models show up before customer sleds. Absolutely disgusted right now!

I hate to say it but you got a problem with your dealer for sure. He's not even being truthful when he says he hasn't seen a red one. He knows what he's got in the crates. That's nonsense that he can have a demo before a snowcheck......absurd.

As soon as I took possession of the sled that's the last time that dealer would see me. I hope you get it soon and say goodbye to this dealer.

I would have to agree...that is total BS. I also like that Yamaha Snowmobiles USA facebook page is posting pictures of floor models at all of these dealers around the country and I have ZERO idea when my snow checked blue/white XTX is gonna show. MY dealer called Yamaha two days ago, chewed them a new a$$ but of course they have zero idea when he'll see sleds. 4 business days left until the end of November. To add insult to injury I have a 2014 XF700 limited sitting in my shop right now, so I get to stare at that thing all day!!! Oh and the 7000 was supposedly built a month later than my XTX :o|

Viper vs AC7000? The Yamaha clutches are proven to work in Yamahas.The AC clutches are proven to not work all the time and have $200 belts that seem to have a short life in many of their sleds. Why that is? could be many reasons but Yamaha uses a floating secondary,torsional spring,buttons vs rollers and different clutch diameters. Lot of reason to hope ours in Viper work better.

Going to pick up my XTX in a couple hours :Rockon: My excitement has finally peaked to almost uncontrollable levels :jump:

Apparently on some 7000 the clutch is rubbing the coolant hoses because of less clearance, this is right from a cat dealer, but its only on some. When I was at the cat plant an employee there that was accompanying a group of dealers from quebec asked me how the yamaha clutches were, I told him bullet proof, he new I was there to see the vipers and was a yamaha rider. I found it odd he would ask me that, but than again I knew of the problems they had with their clutches. Hopefully the 7000 does well for them the last thing we need to hear is that they had issues because of the yamaha motor.

Yes I was reading the same thing about there clutch rubbing water pump , but I only herd of one so far , they think they put the wrong clutch on it because the tapper is wrong and goes to deep .

Glad I'm not getting the 7000 !!!! ;)!

Wait. Did I read this wrong? Are the clutches rubbing on the 7000 or the Viper?

buckeye rider said:
Wait. Did I read this wrong? Are the clutches rubbing on the 7000 or the Viper?

Calm down Buckeye it is the A/C 7000 with the problem :drink:

Nothing that cannot be fixed with a coat hanger and duct tape :jump:

7000 apparently. Had all the plastics off my viper last night and there isn't anything close to rubbing on the viper. Pretty slick setup the have with venting the clutch area. There's a nice tunnel flowing right to the top of the belt guard and the guard is perforated where the air can pass through. Never seen anything like this on my apex or nytro so that should help above and beyond the fact that there won't be any belt issues anyways

09nytro said:
Yes I was reading the same thing about there clutch rubbing water pump , but I only herd of one so far , they think they put the wrong clutch on it because the tapper is wrong and goes to deep .

Glad I'm not getting the 7000 !!!! ;)!

It had to be assembled wrong because there is no way that they could have engineered, tested, and demo ridden thousands of miles with it rubbing. There are unseen defects that can show up, but if Cat is actually knowingly producing a sled that grinds it's clutch on the water pump then I'd be very worried about buying a Viper as well.

My Dad is picking up his new XF 7000 LXR next Friday. I think it will be a good sled. You might questions why anyone would buy the AC version, but then again there are people like my Dad who has been on Cats since 1971. If it doesn't say Arctic Cat on it he won't ride it. I actually had a very hard time convincing him that the Yamaha 1049 triple will be a superior engine to the Suzuki NA 1100 twin for performance because he thinks the 1100 is "more Cat" LOL... Heck I told him I'd pick it on sound alone. The 1100 sounds terrible.

I think he is going to really like it. I will have to report back once he (and I) get a chance to ride it.

Back