• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

where is the info on the new Yamaha race sleds?

Looks like there is a cross country race this weekend. Who is going and who is going to be bringing a camera?

We need pics!!!

The spindles look very similar to the ones on my IQR. However, unless that front suspension works and is made available to the consumer, who the f__k cares?

I don't mean to come off harsh (I know I sound that way). I totally appreciate the video but I've been waiting for an improved front end since '08. To watch something that is being tested back and forth in a ditch with hardly any snow next to a corn field doesn't exactly inspire a whole lot of confidence. Why don't they post a video of it being tested at ERX taking jumps and slamming whoops since durability has been a huge issue with their "race" program.

The fact that they mention having to stay on the gas in that pathetic ditch gives me the impression the sled still has stability issues because it is top heavy. Call me a critic but I was not wowed or impressed by what I saw. I'm glad they are again working on different front ends. That is good. Maybe there is some hope?

Watched the video again. Looks like it uses a 128 track with the skid set further back in the tunnel to reduce the excessive weight transfer. If you look at the mounting bolt for the front arm you will see a plate. In addition there is a second drop bracket on the tunnel to move the skid further back.

The riser on the sled is inclined to the same angle as the steering post. It appears they are moving the rider further back on the seat to try and take weight off the front end. The sway bar is different and the front end looks similar to a Polaris.

Prove it works, then make it a production or a GYT-R part and I'll quit being critical. Until then it is just more cool unobtanium on the race sled that is not available to consumers. After 4.5 seasons it is getting really old.

Back