• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

where is the info on the new Yamaha race sleds?

AKrider said:
Here are some of the USCC results. http://www.usccracing.com/results_2012/ ... ke_100.php

If the guys are racing stock Nytros, the results come as no surprise to me. How many laps was the Pro Open?
\

Ross raced the same sled in pro open as he did in Pro stock. Pro stock was 10 laps. Yamaha is racing the same sled in Open and stock.

Other results are not posted yet. the USCC had computer issues. The pro race was run as heads up so no times are posted. Ross was in third before the sled broke.

yam177 said:
Ross raced the same sled in pro open as he did in Pro stock. Pro stock was 10 laps. Yamaha is racing the same sled in Open and stock.
Are you allowed to talk about the front end of his sled? I guess by the fact that you haven't, you can't..

They are able to run a prototype front end in Pro-Stock class? Must be since they are doing it. I thought they had to produce a minimum number of parts like 300-500 to allow for non-production parts to be used.

What happened in pro-stock for the DNF?

AKrider said:
They are able to run a prototype front end in Pro-Stock class? Must be since they are doing it. I thought they had to produce a minimum number of parts like 300-500 to allow for non-production parts to be used.

you hit the nail on the head, 300 is the low limit. maybe that applies to the upcoming year, hinting that yamaha will have that front end on at least one of the models? or maybe the introduction of a limited build "race sled" available to the masses???

Here are two pics.First one is the race sled and the last one is a 2008.Big difference in design.

Attachments

• 20070323015057459.jpg
    20070323015057459.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 380395_330143243684466_268530009845790_1091534_840929469_n.jpg
    380395_330143243684466_268530009845790_1091534_840929469_n.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 140
AKrider said:

There is a part number for the "race kit" used on these sleds which makes it legal for the stock class.

Pro Stock DNF came from the result of a oil tank hose coming off.

Yamaha Snowmobiles USA said:
Yamaha Snowmobiles, USA Ross Erdman scores historic USCC Pro Open win at Pine Lake 100

Pleasant Prairie, WI –Yamaha Factory Racing’s Ross Erdman scored a landmark Pro Open class win aboard his four-stroke FX Nytro in the USCC Pine Lake 100 in Gonvick, Minnesota, on Sunday, Jan. 15. Not only was Erdman’s victory against a field of rival two-strokes, but it will also go down in history as the FX Nytro’s first-ever USCC pro race win. Also aboard an FX Nytro, teammate Ben Lindom fought to an unofficial second place in the Semi Pro 600 class, while Erdman likewise ran a strong second in Pro 600 before retiring with a minor mechanical issue just two laps from the finish. Other FX Nytro racers flying the Yamaha flag were Nathan Titus in Pro 600 and Pro Vet, and Jake Jorgensen in Semi Pro Improved. Unfortunately at press time, official timing and scoring challenges prevented a complete tally of these results.

388364_3154380097676_1210397089_4538998_1270170773_n.jpg

385796_3154380897696_1210397089_4538999_1283148581_n.jpg

401150_3154381657715_1210397089_4539000_1872450621_n.jpg

412449_331187016913422_268530009845790_1093762_1671735869_o.jpg

I talked to my buddy about these sleds and he said they are the same ones that were last raced in '09. The front ends are not new, they've been around for several years. I'd like to see what the part number is for these "kits" because I've never heard of them being made available. There sure as heck are not 300 people racing Nytros in the US.

I've learned the Pro-open win was a 1 lap, 10 mile race. A win is a win and that's good, but it isn't anything that indicates times will be changing in XC racing. Call me pessimistic but once these Nytros start racing in the bumps on a real XC course, it will be business as usual. Mid to back of the pack finishes. At least they got a little bit of positive press about an win on ice.

AKrider said:
I talked to my buddy about these sleds and he said they are the same ones that were last raced in '09. The front ends are not new, they've been around for several years. I'd like to see what the part number is for these "kits" because I've never heard of them being made available. There sure as heck are not 300 people racing Nytros in the US.

I've learned the Pro-open win was a 1 lap, 10 mile race. A win is a win and that's good, but it isn't anything that indicates times will be changing in XC racing. Call me pessimistic but once these Nytros start racing in the bumps on a real XC course, it will be business as usual. Mid to back of the pack finishes. At least they got a little bit of positive press about an win on ice.

Pro Open was actually 2 laps, (20.4 miles), Semi - Pro was 5 laps, and the Pro Stock class was 10 laps (102 miles, the sled made it to lap 8).

The sled may look the same as 2009, I will leave it at that (a naysayer is gonna be a naysayer, it is obvious from all your posts that nothing will change your mind).

:yam: :4STroke: ;)!

AWESOME!!!!!!

So, for those in the know, what is the part number, how can we order it, how much does it cost, and what does it come with?

SRXspec,
I'll ignore the naysayer jab.

My source described the front end shown in those pictures to a "T". It has been around since '09, the same year Yamaha quit racing and ended their race program. It is the same front end they had in '09 that broke in the I-500. It is sad that after three seasons they can't seem to manage to put it into production.

Please post the part number for this so called "kit". I would like to purchase a front end that works better than my POS stock components. Pretty bad when I have to flip and grind my spindles to reduce the bump steer.

Cat and polaris have very impressive teams and drivers. If a Nytro can beat them at anything is saying alot!! i was doubtful that they would be competitive at all, and im happy to eat crow. Keep up the good work guys! Hey yam177, what happened that you dnf'd?

Before we get all happy and giddy about one win, lets remember this was a very short 20.4 mile lake race on ice. Yamaha 4-strokes do very well on ice. The extra weight is not a big deal and the motor reliability is a huge benefit. Their motor technology is why the Yamaha 4 cylinder was banned from the Soo. The bumps and whoops of an XC course will tell the real story.

I'd love if Yamaha would actually put together a real race program like do the other three OEM's and offer better parts to grass roots racers. Thing is they don't and Polaris and Cat are the best at offering that help. I am skeptical that Yamaha has even offered a front end "kit" for the Nytro. I heard the single Yamaha Iron Dog team will use the improved front end. I hope they don't wreck or break anything in the 2000 mile race because replacement parts are going to be difficult or impossible to find. How do you quickly get a prototype a-arm delivered from an independent shop in Minnesota to Alaska? That right there is the advantage the other 3 OEM's have in racing what they sell.

Back