• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where should I hook up helmut plug

Smokey

Expert
Need to hook up helmut plug on 06 Apex. Need to know where to get the power. Also there was a post on the 06 Handle Bar Change over. I think Mr Sled posted it with pictures. I have tried to do a search without luck. Can anyone post the link. THANKS

go right to the battery...ground to chassis (deltabox)..put a inline fuse as close to the battery as possible. I,ve got my lead running up the bars and out of the crashpad..

yeahh u wanan be carefull doing this, I had a buddy with a Rx1 that wired up his plug wrong sumhow... he droped the plug in and it touched his tunnel's... Poof a fuse blew and had to tow him. Not shure what happend but he told me later they had to pretty much take half the motor apart to ge to it! :o|

it was told to me by many that the cig lighter will blow fuses if riding with something plugged in...not recommended for a permanant mount....

wire fused to the batter and dont let the hook up end lay loose...either mount my way or another good way is to get the ski doo mount...make a small hole in your plastic and mount the ski doo pickup there

sj said:
it was told to me by many that the cig lighter will blow fuses if riding with something plugged in...not recommended for a permanant mount....

wire fused to the batter and dont let the hook up end lay loose...either mount my way or another good way is to get the ski doo mount...make a small hole in your plastic and mount the ski doo pickup there

Im not trying to sound dumb, but if it blows fuses then whats the point of having the cig lighter on the sled if you plug in an accesory and it blows fuses?

it's not a power point for riding...more for stationary use ...cell charge or gps etc....vibration and moisture will affect this outlet..

Wire direct to the battery or the jumper cables. Put a fuse in right off the power source. Then attach the wire to the fuse.

Would there be anything wrong with wiring it direct to the back of the cigarette plug???? It is already fused.

There should be no reason why the cig plug should short or blow fuses. If it does, there is another poblem.
Just like Yamaslob says, there is an accessory plug in the cataloge just for plugging in helmets.
I have had my cell phone charger plugged in to my sled for hours while riding, and had no problems.
I don't have my maunal handy, but if somebody does, see if there's anything there about not using the plug while riding??

I bought the male insert for the lighter connector from Yamaha and hooked it up to my visor defroster. No problems with blowing fuses. Just don't let the coiled cord fall out of the visor while riding because if it touches the tunnel it will blow a fuse.

AllagashX said:
yeahh u wanan be carefull doing this, I had a buddy with a Rx1 that wired up his plug wrong sumhow... he droped the plug in and it touched his tunnel's... Poof a fuse blew and had to tow him. Not shure what happend but he told me later they had to pretty much take half the motor apart to ge to it! :o|

There are extra fuses right in the fuse block! No need to tow home! When you wire, the female end should be the one at the bars, so the cord comin out won't touch and ground out..Just like everyone is saying, the plug in is built for the helmut cord, why else would Yammi build it that way? To many are over thinkin this non issue!

Follow the instructions that came with the heated visor and it's wiring.
It's usually recommended to wire it to the same power source as your hand warmers!
I did upgrade the 06 handle bars to the 07 handlebars and there is definately a noticeable difference!

Back