• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who has NOT had a starter issue

starter failure?

• I'm on my origional starter

Votes: 136 84.0%
  • I've had to replace my starter once

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • I've had to replace my starter more than once

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
I have a 2014 Ltx with the 2015 flash. Clutching on the cheap all else stock original starter 7800 miles

2014 xtx
-1000 miles on 2014 flash had warm start issue, kick backs , replaced starter at 800miles (gears broke on starter)
-1200 miles on 2015 flash with poor idle and lean pop at 2800 rpm
- all stock
2200 miles total

Hot start from new. Had flash and no issues. Flash done around 2500 and no issues! Sled has 5000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 xtx with the flash and I haven't had starter issues yet

Sent from my USCC-E6762 using Tapatalk

I just took my mag cover of this afternoon on the ltx I bought last month, everything looks fine, on my xtx with the same mileage everything was toast, so maybe the ltx will be a good one.

2015 ltx se
Original 2015 flash
2 kickbacks at around 800km but no kickbacks since, now have a total of 3100km on original starter. Having the 2 kick backs worried me but 2300km later she's still running, so hopefully starter will still last!

4500 miles, original starter reflash at 1800 miles for hot start issue

2015 ltx le
550 miles last year no problems
2016 season mpi trail , no snow yet.

2014 rtx
Terrible hot start issues with 14 flash.
Reflashed and it starts better
Kicked back 1 time. After reflash
Backfired at startup after reflash 1 time and blew out the muffler. Replaced under yes extended warranty.
About 1700 miles , still on original starter

With the ones that didn't vote/more than one sled we're above 90% at this point. Not downplaying it and there definitely is something there. Heck a friend of mine lost his last year, 14 by the way, so I know it sucks when it happens. But I don't think it's all doom and gloom

Very true. Has comforted me a little. Odd thing is if you were a Supplier to John Deere those numbers would cost you the contract. Yes a Tractor company.

I agree it's not good enough but I do believe the numbers as a whole are probably a lot better. Probably the reason why there hasn't been any addressing of the problem

They did address it. Hence the 16.5 motor. Different intermediate gear and different supplier. Will fix them when or if they break. I think thats all we are going to get. Its okay since they seem to be fixing any that break,

One thing I find interesting is plenty of comments of people with 15 flash or 15 sleds and no issues or happier after the flash. I think that flash did really mess with some sleds but many. Probably majority are better off with it.

Back